XL Jets and Large F1s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Small and uncomfortable. I had to buy F1 because my drysuit boots would not fit into Jet XLs. My wetsuit booties would also need a of pushing. I think Scubapro deliberately keeps them small and congested so that the customer will have no choice but to buy a scubapro booties to fit into them.

Small and uncomfortable. I had to buy F1 because my drysuit boots would not fit into Jet XLs. My wetsuit booties would also need a of pushing. I think Scubapro deliberately keeps them small and congested so that the customer will have no choice but to buy a scubapro booties to fit into them.

Cheers. I need to order F1s online as no stockists in Japan. My drysuit boot fits the Jet XL fine but am wondering how the pocket compares to the F1 as I'm not sure whether to order a Large F1 or XL F1. Am curious if the XL Jet pocket is the same as or smaller or larger than a large or XL F1. Cheers.

FWIW, I wear an XL Jet comfortably and a Regular F1 with a DUI Turbosole (size 9-10). I predominantly choose the Jets as I dive dry with doubles most of the time and prefer the power of the Jets (but that is another thread entirely, and one I prefer not to discuss as opinions vary...lol). :)

FWIW, I wear an XL Jet comfortably and a Regular F1 with a DUI Turbosole (size 9-10). I predominantly choose the Jets as I dive dry with doubles most of the time and prefer the power of the Jets (but that is another thread entirely, and one I prefer not to discuss as opinions vary...lol). :)

Awesome, thank you, just the info I was looking for. Cheers.

---------- Post added December 1st, 2013 at 01:14 AM ----------

On a side note, must say I was quite surprised at the difference in fin length between a large Jet and an XL. It made my large look like a kids fin.

F1s arrived today. Using Santi Flex sole Medium boot the Regular/Large F1s fit perfectly. Thanks guys for all your help. Merry Christmas.

Let us know what you think when you do a side by side comparison of the jets vs the F1's.
I'm interested to know your take.

Will do. I wear large jets which are stiffer and quite a bit shorter than the large F1s. I too am interested. My new drysuit arrives next week so will post early in the new year.

First, Buddhasummer, I'm glad to hear that the Regular F1's fit you. Have fun with them! :)

Let us know what you think when you do a side by side comparison of the jets vs the F1's.
I'm interested to know your take.

Ok, I'll bite. I said I wouldn't go any further as relates to Jets vs. F1s as I tend to avoid comparison threads as opinions vary and, for some crazy reason, human nature perhaps, some of these threads turn hostile for little reason. That said, I pretty much stated how I felt in my original post in this thread. Jets = more power (more torque).

Before I switched to doubles, I was a die hard F1 fan. I loved them, and still do for single tank diving. I had my Jets first and originally did not like the foot pocket. The F1s foot pocket was and still is more comfortable to me.

One day as I was preparing for a class, my buddy 50Fathom invited me down to the shop were he works to go over a few skills, primarily kicks. I was outfitted in my dry suit and double steel 100s. I started the day in my F1s and left the Jets on the side of the pool. I really had no intention of changing over to them. I brought them just to try them at the end. Surprise, surprise. I could immediately tell the difference in power. Great, now I had to get used to the foot pocket.....which I did...lol, and some 100+ dives later I still use them when pushing doubles around.

But, again this is just me. I've dive F1s or my trusty old Mares Quattros in a heartbeat when switching to single tank, but the foot pocket issue is no longer an issue for me. I've grown used to the Jets. :)

Safe dives.

First, Buddhasummer, I'm glad to hear that the Regular F1's fit you. Have fun with them! :)

Before I switched to doubles, I was a die hard F1 fan. I loved them, and still do for single tank diving. I had my Jets first and originally did not like the foot pocket. The F1s foot pocket was and still is more comfortable to me.

But, again this is just me. I've dive F1s or my trusty old Mares Quattros in a heartbeat when switching to single tank, but the foot pocket issue is no longer an issue for me. I've grown used to the Jets. :)

Safe dives.

Thanks for Replying, I am looking at which fin to get between these two, and so far still only dive with one tank. I'll probably start another thread.."comparing"... but your comment was really helpful I think.

-Maia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom