XDEEP Zen Corrugated Hose Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@napDiver,
Do you find the straight inflator hose attachement (no elbow, right?) sticks you in the back of the head? and have you confirmed you can remove/reattach it without damage?

I keep it in the hose keeper. Basically a rubber D ring and it stays where I want it the whole time.

I probably will change it out in the next few months. I doubt it's glued, zip ties are, more than sufficient.

If you get one lmk. I'll give you some tips on it. Very happy got it for cold water

I have an Xdeep zen and the lack of a threaded connector intrigues me and I am apprehensive to pull it out just to check things out. Can somebody post pics of the connector that we are supposed to plug the hose into?

I have the SS bp. I like it. About 6 lbs heavy.

Cons: The bp is a little wide compared to typical backplate so on a crammed boat it's a little tight but still manageable. The kidney dump valve string is very long, you need to shorten it. The wing is a bit big 40#. I'm always scared of sitting my tank on the bottom of the bladder. The bp doesnt have standard holes along the top for attachments, but does have it along the bottom.

Pros: Comfortable, I got the standard. I think the deluxe is a waste. Trims out well. On the surface I feel like I'm very high off the water.

I swap the wing nuts with delrin hand nuts from dgx.

I know I mainly listed cons, but I tend to focus on cons with everything. I would recommend especially if you want custom color, logo, embroidery. I think the only real con is how big the wing is, but that's only a problem on land.

All the reasons I ended up not getting it. I was sold on it at first, then saw one in a dive and looked at being used, talked to the diver using it. The quality was good, just things I didn't like. The big ones are it's only a 40# wing that's a bit long and the plate is really wide. Ended up going with a stainless Subgravity plate and harness and OMS wing. Very happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom