xdeep vs dive rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rsfinn57

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
HI
I am a warm water travel diver with a 15 year old scubapro litehawk. It is getting long in the tooth and i want to replace it with a bcd with integrated weights. I am torn between the xdeep ghost and the dive rite hydro lite. The xdeep tacos not sure if this is a real issue. Would appreciate any thoughts

Where are you at? I can lend you a hydro lite to try. I have three. I think it’s pretty great. I saw Lamar diving one and got one a week later. I liked it so much I got my daughter and wife one. It’s fantastic.

Reactions: Zef
Dont we have an obligation at this point, to at least point out that the listed units are designed to reel in BCD owners hesitant to make the switch to a plate?

Not so much designed for optimal diving or durability.

And plates can have integral weights, if you'd like:

576-427_900x.jpg

If you go that route, try to get larger weight pouches that can be repurposed as gear pockets when unused.

I just used the pic instead of the linky, so I dont come across like a shill.

You can buy each component seperate. So if you want an uber high end plate, like a Helium or Halcyon, you can mix it in.

thanks for the response. i am aware of the bp/w option but i am looking for a simple no fuss solution as i have no interest in putting together the separate pieces. I really only dive two or three weeks a year in warm water spots ie cozumel papua new guinea maldives and the simplicity of a simple alli. in one solution is appealing. I really wanted to know if the tacoing of the xdeep presents a problem as its bladder is not of the donut variety.

thanks for the response. i am aware of the bp/w option but i am looking for a simple no fuss solution as i have no interest in putting together the separate pieces. I really only dive two or three weeks a year in warm water spots ie cozumel papua new guinea maldives and the simplicity of a simple alli. in one solution is appealing. I really wanted to know if the tacoing of the xdeep presents a problem as its bladder is not of the donut variety.
I have the xDeep Ghost and love it. No taco and if it does it presents zero issues. Super lightweight. Super small to pack. The only thing I don't like is that the weight pockets are hard to put the inner weight pocket into the outer pocket so I just went with two HOG weight pockets that you just unzip and slip weights into it. They have a dump pull on them
I have to wear around 12-16 pounds ( a little too fat) and the only way I could get that amount of weight was to get the largest xDeep pockets they make. I have a bad back and cannot twist so it was too hard for me to use those.

Same. Hate the fuss.

I cheat, and use the SS bolts from DGX to keep the bpw in one solid piece. I hate lining up everything on a rocking dive boat. The two little bolts eliminate that.

This also allows me to use the bpw as a backpack for my fin bag when walking from resort to LDS, or cruise ship to dive bus.

I also omit most of the D rings. Really only need one, on the left waist.

Why not stick with what you know? SP makes many conventional B/C’s?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom