xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec Canister Light Position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Wreckage

Wreckage

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How it affects your trim?
"Buoyancy: Negative 1.32 lbs. (600 g) Underwater"

1.3 lbs times the distance from your center of mass will not result in huge torque, does it?

If that amount of weight is a problem then you can mount it on your waist belt. Right, it's not neat, but OK.

Appreciate the effort you took to search the buoyancy characteristics of the battery!

I made the remark primarily because:
I’m very new to sidemount and dive in warm water. I carry 3lbs right below my neck to stay horizontal.

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
When I was fighting to attempt to use the x-deep products, I would jam it into one of the spin weight pockets.

...It also was a small 5aH lithium...

_R

Tracy

Tech Instructor / Captain
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I mount my canister on the velcro strap over the spine weight pockets, under the wing. It is completely out of the way.

Walde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have buttplate installed on my wing. With buttplate you can't use the "official" xdeep battery holder, no room for both. So I just put bungee under the strap
1632715946581.png

1632715998457.png

Wibble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mount mine on the waistbelt, DIR style.

Main reason is the cable's not long enough when butt-mounted and I don't want a big canister interfering with the cylinders (cable points out sideways)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Top Bottom