xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec Canister Light Position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How it affects your trim?
"Buoyancy: Negative 1.32 lbs. (600 g) Underwater"

1.3 lbs times the distance from your center of mass will not result in huge torque, does it?

If that amount of weight is a problem then you can mount it on your waist belt. Right, it's not neat, but OK.

Appreciate the effort you took to search the buoyancy characteristics of the battery!

I made the remark primarily because:
I’m very new to sidemount and dive in warm water. I carry 3lbs right below my neck to stay horizontal.

When I was fighting to attempt to use the x-deep products, I would jam it into one of the spin weight pockets.

...It also was a small 5aH lithium...

_R

I mount my canister on the velcro strap over the spine weight pockets, under the wing. It is completely out of the way.

I have buttplate installed on my wing. With buttplate you can't use the "official" xdeep battery holder, no room for both. So I just put bungee under the strap
1632715946581.png

1632715998457.png

Mount mine on the waistbelt, DIR style.

Main reason is the cable's not long enough when butt-mounted and I don't want a big canister interfering with the cylinders (cable points out sideways)

I mount my D630 in the same way you do, above the wing attachment so it is covered by the wing. I put the canister lead at 90 degrees, and run the cable up along the spine and over my left shoulder, using cable ties to secure it along my spine to reduce open cabling.
And when u charging you just remove the battery and leve the rest on? And what do you do with your light head when seting up your tanks when i just put it on my shoulder dring it's in they way of my tank valve and first stage

And when u charging you just remove the battery and leve the rest on? And what do you do with your light head when seting up your tanks when i just put it on my shoulder dring it's in they way of my tank valve and first stage
Yep, leave the cable and head and remove the battery part. Sometimes I'll just charge it straight on the rig.

I will often clip my head to the crotch D in front while I get all my tanks situated, then back to the shoulder for the dive. This helps to ensure the cable is clear of everything as well

I’m about to order a bracket that looks like the one you posted from a company called Dluxe. Once that arrives I’ll try it!

Is there any update on this?

Did you try both methods and which did your prefer? I'm just about to order the Orca D630 so interested to hear your findings.

Thanks
Paul

And what do you do with your light head when seting up your tanks when i just put it on my shoulder dring it's in they way of my tank valve and first stage

The best way I have found, if you route the cable up the spine and have it tucked in behind the velcro horizontal closure, is to move it over your right shoulder while hooking up the left cylinder. So unclip from the left D-ring, move behind the head and let it sit over the right shoulder. Then move it back over the left (where it is for the dive) and clip off with it hanging outside and on top of the cylinder. Then hook up your right cylinder and off you go.

I have a crap ton of dives on this rig and take my light on almost every single dive I do and after many different experiments, this is the one that seems to work the best. Although my D620 might be nearing its end of life as I have had some issues with it the past 10 dives or so but that is a me issue lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom