XCS2 tech purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've put my order, they measured every cm of my body, it's gonna look like a glove.

So exited, can't wait to have it

Hi all, it's finally there. A pure beauty, I can't believe how perfect this suit is.
From the seams, the removable bottle neck cuff ring, the outside diamond tuff layer, the inside layer, the kevlar on the knees, logo and reflecting patch on the forearm, the nicely finished boots to the smoothness of the tizip.
Every thing smells sooooooo good.

It's summer time and the diving is easy...

epy4aqy7.jpg

Valéry;6539746:
Hi all, it's finally there. A pure beauty, I can't believe how perfect this suit is.
From the seams, the removable bottle neck cuff ring, the outside diamond tuff layer, the inside layer, the kevlar on the knees, logo and reflecting patch on the forearm, the nicely finished boots to the smoothness of the tizip.
Every thing smells sooooooo good.

It's summer time and the diving is easy...

epy4aqy7.jpg

Very nice!!! Congrats!

I'm sorry I had not seen this earlier and I do not mean to rain on your parade but...

My wife got a custom one earlier this year and although she loves the suit, several of the seams seep water.

We just sent it back. We expect it to be taken care of, but that is were it stands right now.

I had my trilam hd leaking from day 1 too :) I really hope they have improved the quality process with the new suits. Once all those things are fixed they seem to go well.

In any case learn how to repair the suits yourself. Although bare has the lifetime warranty its easier and quicker to fix it yourself than waiting for their repairs.

I'll try to test it this week end. I'll report back when done.

My XCD2 has never leaked 1 drop. And thats wreck diving, NE cold water, reaching in holes for lobster, scraping on metal, etc. Looks brand new and Im the second owner - it was made in 07.

So today It was weight check.

I weight checked all possible combinations with single press steel and several stage then twins with stage etc...

Very happy with the result, I don't need any weight with single tank (except for my 6mm SS of 5kg). As for Aluminium twins without stage 3kg where enough.

Buoyancy and flexibility are excellent it felt so comfortable in the water like I was only wearing a swimsuit.

I had some leakage from the neck seal, it's the first time I use a neoprene neck seal. It seams that in a vertical position (or if looking up) it will leak.

After while rinsing I've put the hose on my head and neck and I felt all the water going down my body.

The seal is tight on my neck but how much cm of neoprene should I fold back on my neck??? I must be doing something wrong with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom