XCS2 tech purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valéry;6547079:
I had some leakage from the neck seal, it's the first time I use a neoprene neck seal. It seams that in a vertical position (or if looking up) it will leak.

After while rinsing I've put the hose on my head and neck and I felt all the water going down my body.

The seal is tight on my neck but how much cm of neoprene should I fold back on my neck??? I must be doing something wrong with it.

I have had somewhat of a learning curve with my own neoprene neck. (I started using my neoprene suit this year and have no more than 10 dives in it) I fold 4-5 cm of seal, but placement makes a difference. It seems like I tend to place the fold too low on my neck and it leaks. When I ask my wife for help, she places it higher up (similar to how you wear a turtle neck shirt) and that has worked for me. (full disclosure, I am also using an apollo bioseal, I have a fairly thin neck and a big head)

Humm I folded mine in approximately 2 equal piece.

There is also an other point what if I wear a hood, what would happen if I blow air from my mask, would the air go inside the neck and make it leak?

Valéry;6547186:

There is also an other point what if I wear a hood, what would happen if I blow air from my mask, would the air go inside the neck and make it leak?

No - I wear a hood 99.5% of my dives and I have the neo neck seal. At first - I thought my neck seal was to loose since it leaked. I bought the Apollo seal as well - but - never needed it. By the time I got the apollo piece, I figured out how much to fold.

I fold about 2-2.5 inches and for the last 100 dives, hasnt leaked an ounce. The first 10 or so, I was get a trickle in certain positions. Once I got it figured out, I love it.

Valéry;6547186:

The hood doesn't go into the seal, you should not have any issue.

Any gas that goes from your mask to the hood should leave normally through the hood vents. Most hoods have a hole or two at the top to vent this gas.

Thanks for the advice guys, it seems like stated above that I was putting the seal to low on my neck (folding too much).
I've tried it at home and noticed that some position of my neck could make it leak if too much is folded so I've tried it with just 5cm and I think it's gonna work.
I'll test it this Sunday in a real dive.

I did today a real dive with my drysuit, I only tucked 5 or 6cm of the neckseal against my neck. I was completely dry during all the dive. I've noticed that if I tuck more it becomes less flexible behind my head and water can come in from here.

I'm sorry I had not seen this earlier and I do not mean to rain on your parade but...

My wife got a custom one earlier this year and although she loves the suit, several of the seams seep water.

We just sent it back. We expect it to be taken care of, but that is were it stands right now.

What seams? My understanding was that the XCS2 was seamless.

It is seamless and I've logged a few dive now, never been happier!!!

The suit is extremely comfortable, very well made.

a4arepur.jpg

What seams? My understanding was that the XCS2 was seamless.

no it is not seamless. maybe in the sense that they are very well hidden, but how could you fashion a drysuit out of a single piece of neoprene.

As a matter of fact, we just got it back yesterday from BARE. They indeed found it was leaking through several of the seams. Hopefully the repairs took care of it all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom