X-Shorts with Pockets: Good or Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
OK... I just ordered a pair of X-Shorts from http://www.fifthd.com/ where I paid no tax, but paid shipping. So that comes out the same as if I had bought them locally.

Now it's your turn Ken. Step up to the plate and make the BPD a fashion trend in SoCal. :wink:
Christian
As my DS has pockets.

But some lucky fish in East Cape will get a look in a few weeks, and my soon-to-be-adopted clan in FLL will get an eyefull of this So Cal proudly* sporting his new BPD in August.

K

*= punching down enevitable humiliation

OK
Just got back from first dives with the shorts...
The replacement of the cottom waist cord with bungee worked out great, super easy to don and doff between dives, and still secure.

Worked out fine over my TLS 350 drysuit...

JAG

jagfish:
OK
Just got back from first dives with the shorts...
The replacement of the cottom waist cord with bungee worked out great, super easy to don and doff between dives, and still secure.

Worked out fine over my TLS 350 drysuit...

JAG
Great!

Now that I've got them on order, I think I'll want to use some bungee as well. What diameter bungee did you use?

I'm interested in hearing from the rest of you that have replaced the cotton waist cord with bungee to see what diameter you used as well.

Assuming that you're not using surgical tubing, are you using the same size bungee as you use on your backup reg?

Thanks again.

Christian

Hi Chris
Gosh, beats me what the diameter was, but it was about the same diameter of the cotton cord that came with the shorts. The cord I chose was definitely thicker than that used for the reg, but I can't see any reason why that would not work...

JAG

jagfish:
Hi Chris
Gosh, beats me what the diameter was, but it was about the same diameter of the cotton cord that came with the shorts. The cord I chose was definitely thicker than that used for the reg, but I can't see any reason why that would not work...

JAG
Hey Jag,

That makes sense. I guess the cord for the reg would be a little too thin and might wear through the shorts as a result. I'll see what the cord looks like when I get the shorts and get some cord about the same size.

Thanks again.

Christian

I think these things look like a great idea. Im going to get some for when I start diving wet again.

Have used them exclusively for 33 dives in Mexico in Jan with a 5 mm suit. They performed excellently both in the cenotes and open water and I would recommend them to anyone.

They will slide on over almost any drysuit as well although buying a pair of Fifth D bellows pockets and glueing them on is easy enough and much preferred.

In the US you can buy them at www.fifthd.com
In Canada you can buy them at www.northerntechdiver.com
In Mexico you can buy them at www.zerogravity.com.mx/zghome.htm

My BPD has just arrived and it's coming to a beach near you! You SoCal types will get to see this new fashion statement very soon! :11:

Ken, are you sure you don't want to wear these down on Melrose? :wink:

By the way, I also received my new book yesterday - Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving. I'm about half way through it.

This kool aid doesn't taste half bad! I don't know what all the fuss is about. :wink:

Christian

Just a quick note on the sizing....the sizes actually relate more to thigh size rather than waist since the waist is completely adjustable (drawstring or bungee)....so if you have skinny legs and no (hmmmm) butt, then you would need a smaller size than usual. Generally a 22-23" thigh is a Medium, but best to email them for more info. For the petite woman....well still waiting for some XS but the S work fine :wink:

Hope that helps!

E

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom