Wyndham Reef Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me how it's like there now? I'm hearing things are closed at the resort and there are long lines to eat. What is hotel capacity lately, etc?

I have a Time Share there , 65 points, and would be open to sell it at a reduced rate. Make you a good deal. If intersted, or not, you can contact me at Cyberian154@yahoo.com

We just got back from a week at the Wyndham. The Isla was closed for updating for the first 2 days then reopened, Roberto's was open and the snack bar was open as well as the restraunt on the north side (sorry dont know the name). We had a great time, the food was good, pool for the Regency club was never busy. Never noticed any real lines for food a few people but not bad.

We stayed in the regency section as we are time share people as well. Still dont like the $3 per day pier fee not to use the dive op there, but small price to pay to dive the sites we wanted. Rooms were clean and big. The resort looked like it was in great shape. Hope this helps.

Tom

We just got back from a week at the Wyndham. The Isla was closed for updating for the first 2 days then reopened, Roberto's was open and the snack bar was open as well as the restraunt on the north side (sorry dont know the name). We had a great time, the food was good, pool for the Regency club was never busy. Never noticed any real lines for food a few people but not bad.

We stayed in the regency section as we are time share people as well. Still dont like the $3 per day pier fee not to use the dive op there, but small price to pay to dive the sites we wanted. Rooms were clean and big. The resort looked like it was in great shape. Hope this helps.

Tom

Yes, that helps a lot. There was no buffet breafast, lunch, or dinner there? I heard that was closed ? I know they usualy do that when occupancy is down. What dates were you there?

Last edited:
We went down from the 14th to the 21 of Nov. The buffet was in the north restraunt the first two days then moved to the Isla for the rest of the week. It seemed as they were ready for the busy season now.

Doesn't sound so bad at all. Sounds like they adjusted for the slow season and will gear back up normally when it gets busier? Thanks for the info

We went down from the 14th to the 21 of Nov. The buffet was in the north restraunt the first two days then moved to the Isla for the rest of the week. It seemed as they were ready for the busy season now.

Keep in mind the Isla and other Aura/Reef Club restaurants are Adults only. You can walk further down to the Wyndham, but you have to pay for a day pass not al-la-cart. Just a heads up... when we were there, a family staying at the Reef with a young child was quite disappointed.

Isla is now adults only? I thought the adults only restaurant was at Sabor? I did not understand why people with kids wre disappointed?

Keep in mind the Isla and other Aura/Reef Club restaurants are Adults only. You can walk further down to the Wyndham, but you have to pay for a day pass not al-la-cart. Just a heads up... when we were there, a family staying at the Reef with a young child was quite disappointed.

Isla is the restaurant for Aura. It is an adult's only resort. Perhaps those folks thought that even though it was an adult's only resort, the restaurants allowed children (they do not). Anyway, they were disappointed there were no restaurants near by they could sit down at for a la carte with kids. Just a heads up in case someone with children wants your time slot.

I thought it was called the Mosaique restaurant ? Aura has it's own rest and Sabor has it's own too?

Isla is the restaurant for Aura. It is an adult's only resort. Perhaps those folks thought that even though it was an adult's only resort, the restaurants allowed children (they do not). Anyway, they were disappointed there were no restaurants near by they could sit down at for a la carte with kids. Just a heads up in case someone with children wants your time slot.

I didnt pay attention if there were any childern at the Isla or not. We are RCI members so we had to get the all-inclusive when we stayed there. When we checked in the staff told us about the 4 restraunts I mentioned and we knew the Mosaique was in the sabor section and not for regular guests or the regency guests but didnt hear anything about the Isla being for adults only, but saying that there were only 4 adults in our group. Our focus was dive, eat, sleep and relax. Thats is to bad if the only buffet is adults only, but the snank bar seemed to have more of what I would call a kids menu anyway, hot dogs, hamburger, chicken, nachos, ect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom