Wyndham Reef Club and Sanddollar Dive Op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rod, can you get any DIN tanks? Son and I have changed all our stuff over for doubles and really don't want to use yoke adaptors. We'll be back down first of April like we have for the last 7 years. I'm the one that dives a plate and my son has a Transpac, wife is a 5 foot redhead and my daughter is a little blond girl that you have taken very good care of with special divemaster attention. Yeah yeah, we have hair and can walk, I'm sure you remember us :)

Hahaha, Twinky says Hello. Gabrielle...not so much...hahaha!

Tell Twinky I'll see him again in April of May, hopefully. Funny bit, I was sitting out in fron of the dive shop with my non diving wife and Gabrielle comes over and says to my wife: " this is how John and I dive" he grabs my hand and makes kissing sounds. Hysterical. Gabe is probably the best Dm there.

Oscar was my instructor when I was first certified a couple of years back. I think Gabrelle (Short thin guy right?) was my DM when I did my discovery scuba thing the year prior. Nice place and since we stay at the Wyndham it is only a short walk away.
Best thing is they recognized me right away last time I was there (sept), made me feel all important :)
We will be back the first week of May and I can't wait to do some more diving.

Last edited:
Oscar was my instructor when I was first certified a couple of years back. I think Gabrelle (Short thin guy right?) was my DM when I did my discovery scuba thing the year prior. Nice place and since we stay at the Wyndham it is only a short walk away.
Best thing is they recognized me right away last time I was there (sept), made me feel all important :)
We will be back the first week of May and I can't wait to do some more diving.

They don't take you for granted, as some impersonal dive ops do. Rod and his staff are very much into personal, service. They still need some work on letting experienced divers dive their puters.

PilotFish - a few questions about diving there with SandDollar at ReefClub. I have considered staying there before but we like to dive more than just the 2 morning dives each day. Is it possible to do afternoon dives with them every day? I would hate to get there and discover that they don't send the afternoon boat out with only X number of divers.

Also, have heard so many mixed reviews about the food there. What was your assessment - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Did you do buffets or sit-down dinners that required reservations each day?

yes, they have afternoon dives, one deep and one shallow, same as morning dives - same sites. If you have enough divers, 4 to 6, they will give you your own boats and you decide the site for afternon dives. Check with them directly to make sure.

I ate both, buffet and sit down, as I usually do, The food is good, not great, and pleantiful. Sit down a bit better. You will not go hungry at all. breafast is good, although last time I was there, a few weeks ago, they had no bacon, ham or sausage out at buffet, but it was at Vista Del Mar sit down. The reservatoin are no big deal at all, make them at fuffet for that restaurant that night.

PilotFish - a few questions about diving there with SandDollar at ReefClub. I have considered staying there before but we like to dive more than just the 2 morning dives each day. Is it possible to do afternoon dives with them every day? I would hate to get there and discover that they don't send the afternoon boat out with only X number of divers.

Also, have heard so many mixed reviews about the food there. What was your assessment - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Did you do buffets or sit-down dinners that required reservations each day?

Back
Top Bottom