Wyndham Reef Club and Sanddollar Dive Op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from Reef Club. Everything was up and running and all restaurants were open. Some cut backs on the selection at the buffet, no ham or bacon for breafast and a bit less selection for dessert, but it was Ok and plentiful. Workers were out in full force, cleaning and painting things, but not enough attention is given to the inside, the rooms, where many little things are broken and in need of reapir. The grounds are very mannicured, lush and look great. There have been some staff let go, or quit, and those that have taken their place ,AT THE FRONT DESK AND MEMEBERS FRONT DESK, are not as friendly or helpful as those that used to be there. That was dissapointing. It took me 3 moves to get the quiet room I wanted and asked for when I booked. That's how they treat members?:shakehead:

Sanddollar: it was like coming home again. Rodrico, the general mgr, is still running a good operation and has put one of my favorite people, Twinky:D, at the dive op front desk managing things. All the good DM's were there, no one laid off or quit, and I had a ball joking and diving with them. It's such a great feeling to be welcomed back and made to feel like a valued friend and customer. If you plan on staying at the Reef Club give some serious considertion to diving with the onsite dive op, Sanddollar, and tell them I sent you:D

One norte prevented us from diving one day but the other days were ok. Saturday, the day I left, was cool and misty rain falling. There was another norte that closed the ports that day and, I heard, was to continue for a few more days. Not sure about that. Mornings were cool, 65* but it warmed up to mid 70s during the day. I was fine with that. It was chilly between dives but I was Ok, since I took a windbreaker with me. All in all it was nice to be back in Coz and diving.

Oh, forgot to mention, we killed 3 lion fish. Rotten damn fish!

It is great to see the friends return and return, at the end of the day that is why we have dedicated our lives to the service industry. We enjoy serving our friends!

I hope to see you soon and I wish you and your wife much health this year!

Rod Ferriol

you and Francisco, and others, are the reason Sanddollar is as good as it is. Might see you again in April or May.

It is great to see the friends return and return, at the end of the day that is why we have dedicated our lives to the service industry. We enjoy serving our friends!

I hope to see you soon and I wish you and your wife much health this year!

Rod Ferriol

Hey Rod!

Glad to see you're posting!
Will be even better to see you in a few months.
Our group is looking forward to diving with you AGAIN!!!
Give our best to the gang at Sand Dollar... our Favorite Cozumel Dive Operator!

Jeff.
DIVERSIFIED DIVERS SCUBA - Home Page

Some of the DM's are a hoot, competent and funny, a great combo. Gabrelle comes quickly to mind:)

Hey Rod!

Glad to see you're posting!
Will be even better to see you in a few months.
Our group is looking forward to diving with you AGAIN!!!
Give our best to the gang at Sand Dollar... our Favorite Cozumel Dive Operator!

Jeff.
DIVERSIFIED DIVERS SCUBA - Home Page

I dove at Sanddollar last winter. Being it was my first time in open water after getting certified, i cannot give comparisons. I had a good time. Isnt Fransisco one of the twin dudes at Sand Dollar? The whole group of people were very nice. We had Oscar on 2 days. He was very good at getting one in our group their open water certification. He seemed to keep a very good eye on the group (newbies to experienced) Checking and making sure we had good air levels etc. if he saw something cool, you would hear the clicking to get our attention. I was like a kid in a candy store so it wasnt hard to be fascinated. I would use them again no problem. I understand there may be advantages to using other OPS (like no timed dives etc) but i was happy.

Actualy there are more advantages to diving with Sanddollar, if you are staying at Reef Club, since they are the onsite dive op at Reef Club and they own that pier.

Yes, Francisco is one of the the twins.

I dove at Sanddollar last winter. Being it was my first time in open water after getting certified, i cannot give comparisons. I had a good time. Isnt Fransisco one of the twin dudes at Sand Dollar? The whole group of people were very nice. We had Oscar on 2 days. He was very good at getting one in our group their open water certification. He seemed to keep a very good eye on the group (newbies to experienced) Checking and making sure we had good air levels etc. if he saw something cool, you would hear the clicking to get our attention. I was like a kid in a candy store so it wasnt hard to be fascinated. I would use them again no problem. I understand there may be advantages to using other OPS (like no timed dives etc) but i was happy.

Oh, Rod, tell Twinky that I stopped by to say goodbye the day I was leaving but I saw that he and Gay.......bre......elle were holdind hands so I didn't want to intrude. :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom