WW2 Royal Navy shipwreck salvage off Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jared0425

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unfortunately it looks like the Repulse and Prince of Wales has now been heavily damaged by an illegal Chinese operation within Malaysia's EEZ. I'm not against salvage on most wrecks, but warships are things not to be touched without permission from the government who owns them.

These are pictures that someone took at the scrap yard. It's heartbreaking to see this happen.

Screenshot_20230529_115259_Chrome.jpg

RDT_20230529_1154112762289628447809605.png

RDT_20230529_1154177841664124084835072.png

I believe both wrecks are still belonging to His Majestic Gov.
Sink Chuan Hong 68 first and ask its owner to pay for the release of the crew.

I just read that they dumped hundreds of human remains from the wrecks into a mass grave.
Oh my, it just gets worse and worse. :facepalm:

But are you sure that is the re the current situation (Repulse and PoW), or is someone alluding to what happened previously re dumping remains ashore from the wrecks (Exeter, Java, De Ruyter et al) the salvors raped in the Java Sea? (As that is what happened there too.)

Got a link to the current story?

The Royal Navy knew with years that this is happening and done nothing to stop it, they should have carried out a salvage operation 10 or 20 years ago to save what they could. They’re no saints either, they used the Lusitania for target practice.

Unfortunately it looks like the Repulse and Prince of Wales has now been heavily damaged by an illegal Chinese operation within Malaysia's EEZ. I'm not against salvage on most wrecks, but warships are things not to be touched without permission from the government who owns them.

Do you think China cares? lol

Oh my, it just gets worse and worse. :facepalm:

But are you sure that is the re the current situation (Repulse and PoW), or is someone alluding to what happened previously re dumping remains ashore from the wrecks (Exeter, Java, De Ruyter et al) the salvors raped in the Java Sea? (As that is what happened there too.)

Got a link to the current story?
I'm only reading on the numerous shipping and maritime forums, but here is a 5 year old article.

The Royal Navy knew with years that this is happening and done nothing to stop it, they should have carried out a salvage operation 10 or 20 years ago to save what they could. They’re no saints either, they used the Lusitania for target practice.
We did a deep dive into those claims about the Lusitania. It turns out that it was not used in any sort of Target practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom