WTB wrist compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

save your money and build one mate, you'll be better off, wrist compasses have minimal uses and are a pain in the butt to deal with compared to a well made slate, also bloody expensive

Made my bungee wrist compass from a second hand bungee computer mount, had an old compass from a 3in1 console, just placed it in the mount and filled it up with 2k epoxy inside the mount.. solid as a rock, and cheap!
Agree that it's abit pain to use, but if i know i will have to use it on a dive, i move it to the top of my hand, alot easier to hold leveled and read.

Here ya go... https://www.divegearexpress.com/tools/compass.shtml

And another tip... using a compass on your wrist can be very frustrating. I make an additional loop with a bungie cord with a bit of a tail on it. When I have to navigate, I pull the compass off, but leave the loop with the "leash" on my wrist. This way you can hold the compass in front of you and make adjustments to keep it level.

preferably bungee mount please PM if you have one. watch strap would be ok too.
I have a classic Ikelite wrist strap model (can send pics), that is like new. My eyesight is such that I can't read it well. it is in the original plastic case with directions. I would sell it for $25 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. PM me if interested.

can you guys elaborate more on the difficulties of using it on the wrist?

it is very difficult to get and keep your forearm perpendicular to your body for accurate navigation, the easiest way to get it to do that is to have your wrist right under your chin and then it can be difficult to see. My biggest issue with the UW compasses is how big/clunky they are combined with the cost. Not particularly good for accurate long distance navigation.... They work well enough for just aiming you in the right general direction, but not something I'd want to use to get me back to a specific point in low visibility

close:

283-781-large.jpg

precise:

75ft-Stainless-Steel-Finger-Spool-w-Yellow-or-White-Line12663-6838_th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom