Closed WTB: VDH Argonaut 23# or its alternatives

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the S1 dimensions vs the VDH wing, that's probably true. I Think maybe it's just the shape that makes it appear as though the S1 is longer.

The S1 ships with their remote deflate on the elbow, but will a standard elbow still fit on their bladder flange? Not that I would seek to replace that intentionally, only because I'm "removed" from quick/easy service (as stated earlier)...just in case the stock elbow were to fail for whatever reason. Beyond that, their inflator and corrugated look std.
I wonder if the S1 dimensions have changed slightly since mine was made? I measure 22" L X 15" W on both the S1 and VDH 23# wings. Regardless, not much of a practical difference.

I can confirm VDH and DGX elbows are interchangeable and standard/universal fit vs proprietary, as mentioned by others.

I wonder if the S1 dimensions have changed slightly since mine was made? I measure 22" L X 15" W on both the S1 and VDH 23# wings. Regardless, not much of a practical difference.

I can confirm VDH and DGX elbows are interchangeable and standard/universal fit vs proprietary, as mentioned by others.

I'd say the measurements are within deviation... LOL. It's not like we're press-fitting wings into anything, Hahaha.

Thanks Kupu, I did actually go back over the previous posts immediately after posting my last message, and yes, the std parts was mentioned by a few. I'm just a bit scatter-brained at the moment on this, and getting my dive-buddy's daughter's gear also LOL. (She (college student) wants to dive a BP/W like her dad, not a stab jacket....:thumb:).

Thank you thank you all for all of the input and help on this. You all rock, and this is why I'm happy to be a member of ScubaBoard.

As much as I want to support VDH (Bryan, take my money! LOL), I'll give it a another week to see if any updates, then I think I'll be going with the S1. It looks, to me, to be the closest competitor to the Argonaut wing, with a price point that's fantastic. I will update with whatever happens. And I hope that this thread may eventually help someone else out there looking at these various wing options. They're all great wings, great options, it ultimately comes down to personal preferences and personal situations...

:cheers:

So for the S1.

It's easy to dump, and it's super easy to get it level.

The long narrow shape helps when on the surface.
Just deflate it a bit and it keeps you upright.

Only when having really small amounts of air I need to move my hip to expell the air form the kidney valve.

It comes with the dump elbow, but I've swapped mine for the regular. The regual one costs 10$ and it's an universal one for diverite/oms/lightmonkey and similar.

@Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

I know that entire supply chains are severely affected by all of the chaos in the world today, and that Bryan is super super busy with his real job, plus VDH. Bryan, If you catch this post, any update on expected stock? I am trying to complete my new kit and get it sent out to me in the Philippines.

Looking for VDH Argonaut 23# (or 18#) wing, preferably with 16" corrugated hose. Shipping to Phx, AZ.

I have a new (Jan 2020 order) VDH Argonaut 23# that is still in the packaging, never been in the water. I have too many wings/BP's and have a tendency to order gear I don't need after long nights at work. PM me email address and I can send pics.

Folks, thank you all again for all of your input and assistance.

I am happy to report that I am now the proud owner of a VHD Argonaut wing. Now, if only we can do something about these lock-downs in my area.... :rofl3:

I will close the thread, but if anyone in the future still cares to chime in, I think this thread has become a wealth of information on that class of wing.

Cheers everyone
:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom