Closed WTB: VDH Argonaut 23# or its alternatives

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup standard octagonal elbow.
Dive Rite Plain (Non-Exhaust) Elbow w/Nut | Dive Gear Express®

Dive Rite, DGX, Oxycheq, Light Monkey, HOG, and some other technical wings with an opening of {1.75 in | 4.4 cm}.

You're diving it with a 15L... with an AL80, should likely extend below the cyl by just a couple inches right?

I believe that it will extend just enough to stand on the tank.

I've used it with a slim 12l steel and 15l steel (which is my preferred tank) they're the same height as a 80AL, which is in-between for the thickness and it should fit perfectly with it.

I have a 23# VDH that I would be willing to part with, the only issues are regarding logistics and whether it’s still worth it at that point. I’m in Japan. @buddhasummer are packages being shipped out at this point or are we still pretty much locked down?

Let me know if you want to try to work something out. If your heart is really set on that wing we can probably do it, it’s just whether it’s worth it vs. just buying the DGX wing (which I also have and like!)

I have a 23# VDH that I would be willing to part with, the only issues are regarding logistics and whether it’s still worth it at that point. I’m in Japan. @buddhasummer are packages being shipped out at this point or are we still pretty much locked down?

Let me know if you want to try to work something out. If your heart is really set on that wing we can probably do it, it’s just whether it’s worth it vs. just buying the DGX wing (which I also have and like!)

Coincidentally I just checked again about 20mins ago, the only country that I need to send to that is ok is Canada. The US, Australia, NZ and Greece still a no go. The PO have zero clue when it will resume, sigh...

Coincidentally I just checked again about 20mins ago, the only country that I need to send to that is ok is Canada. The US, Australia, NZ and Greece still a no go. The PO have zero clue when it will resume, sigh...

Any idea on Japan to Philippines?

So far, it looks like the best alternative options to the VDH are the Deep 6, DGX S1, and the OMS Mono... before I try and wrestle @drk5036 's VDH from him...:rofl3: (Thank you for the offer drk, but I'd only make an offer if you were really set on selling it... akin to trying to convince someone to give up their Freedom Plate, LOL) IMO, as nice as the OxyCheq wings are, they're just too $$...

The Deep 6 is 20#, so that hits right in my target area of 18-23 lbs, but it's "roll control" is a bit different... It might be more stable than upper-lower 2pc configuration, but looks like it could make it more difficult to pack the wing for travel (somewhat). Price point is a major plus with the Deep 6.

The DGX S1, does look like a nice wing, but I wonder a bit about it's length... It's certainly narrow for good profile in the water, but when barely inflated, it looks like more tipping up/down might be required for dumping air... Can anyone chime in on the "dump-ability" and forward/back stability? It almost looks like if the air gets to the "bottom end" while peeking into a crevice, it might be more difficult to get 'er flat again.

the OMS seems to be a bit closer of an alternative based on shape... It's 27#, and is a bit wider than the S1, and a touch larger than the Deep 6 (20 vs 27...). Does anyone find the OMS Perf Mono wing to taco much and become "flappy" with little to no air?

The DGX S1, does look like a nice wing, but I wonder a bit about it's length... It's certainly narrow for good profile in the water, but when barely inflated, it looks like more tipping up/down might be required for dumping air... Can anyone chime in on the "dump-ability" and forward/back stability? It almost looks like if the air gets to the "bottom end" while peeking into a crevice, it might be more difficult to get 'er flat again.

My thoughts on the DGX S1 (I have 2016 model). It has very similar length x width x depth as the VDH 23#. Stable and no issues getting air out. In the water, they dive the same and not sure I could tell the difference in a taste test dive. I like them both. Although the VDH wing is a step up in overall quality, I would consider selling it if not for fact that it is the best match of the wings I have to use with freedom plate (plus it has been claimed by my asawa).

My thoughts on the DGX S1 (I have 2016 model). It has very similar length x width x depth as the VDH 23#. Stable and no issues getting air out. In the water, they dive the same and not sure I could tell the difference in a taste test dive. I like them both. Although the VDH wing is a step up in overall quality, I would consider selling it if not for fact that it is the best match of the wings I have to use with freedom plate (plus it has been claimed by my asawa).

Haha, nice Tagalog drop there :thumb:. Regarding the S1 dimensions vs the VDH wing, that's probably true. I Think maybe it's just the shape that makes it appear as though the S1 is longer.

And, silly me, the S1 dimensions are listed on their page:
S1 Inflated: 23" L x 13" W x _" H Weight: 2.10 lbs, 0.9 kg (from DGW)
VDH Inflated: 22" L x 16" W x 5" H Weight: 2.2 lbs, 1 kg (posted by @drk5036 in another thread)
Deep 6 Inflated: 25" L x 17" W x _" H Weight: unlisted, probably similar to above.

OMS does not list dimensions, but I'm assuming it's a bit wider and shorter than the two listed above, likely not enough to matter much. (But it does come in red to match my webbing.... :D)

The S1 ships with their remote deflate on the elbow, but will a standard elbow still fit on their bladder flange? Not that I would seek to replace that intentionally, only because I'm "removed" from quick/easy service (as stated earlier)...just in case the stock elbow were to fail for whatever reason. Beyond that, their inflator and corrugated look std.

Back
Top Bottom