Argonaut Mix-mount or Tri-mount… as opposed to side-mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am feeling really good that I picked the same Conshelf 14 1st stage and using 109's as the seconds on the side mount tanks.. If Luis picked it, You know it's a great setup..
C:\Users\Luis\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
And thanks for the pictures... It'll be a help with working out my kit..

And I still need the 19cu as a back up as the 40's will not have a gas that is use able on the back end of the dive..

Jim...

You can use many combinations of cylinders with this configuration. I am just using what is convenient from the selection of cylinders that I have. This is just for testing purpose to see how the system works. I will probably dive it a few more time up here in Maine, but I don’t intend on using it on a regular basis.

I do like these little heavy cylinders. It allowed me to remove about 8 pounds of lead. But even small cylinders add up in weight carrying them down for shore diving.

My final intention is to be able to use two AL80 as side tanks and a pony as back-gas . That allows me to rent AL 80 from anywhere with whatever gas is appropriate for the dive.

I can hook up the AL 80s at the last minute or I can even hook them up in the water. I can connect the high-flow QD in the water and if I want to, I can even open the barrel valve slightly while hooking it up to purge the connection dry just as I am connecting it.

Switching gases can also be done without ever taking the mouthpiece off my mouth.

Yes, I like the Conshelf first stage for its long history of reliability and performance. All my modern double hose regulators also share the same mechanical and sealing components as the Conshelf. I designed them intentionally to share parts. It also helps to reduce parts inventory.

The Scubapro 109 is also an incredible workhorse. For this application it is very nice that the adjustment knob allows me to detune it so it will have less chance of accidental free-flow.

Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom