Wanted WTB: Sidemount back pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaneda13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a pouch to replace the butt plate on the Deep sidmeount. Doesn't have to be XDeep brand, would prefer one that can be zippered colapsed to save space.

If you're looking for a relatively affordable new option:

I've had mine for 2 years, zippers work great, and no meaningful signs of wear, appears durable, and I'm sure it'll last me a good while longer. It has 2 pockets, expandable, d-rings inside, and reasonable space.

I don't have experience with any of the more pricey sidemount pouches, so I can't really compare it with other options.

edit: And to be clear, I am not the vendor. I simply bought the same pouch a while back.

THANKS! I found the same item for the same price on amazon, and can get it delivered in 2 days. Pick that and a hand full of double enders (can you really ever have enough?).

THANKS! I found the same item for the same price on amazon, and can get it delivered in 2 days. Pick that and a hand full of double enders (can you really ever have enough?).
I'd estimate I own around 140 stainless-steel bolt-snaps, and 50 double-enders, and that's still not enough. Any time I buy used scuba-gear, I often ask "you have any extra clips or hardware?" If I doubled that amount, I'd probably find a use for them all. Each light, camera, knife, accessory, etc, etc, etc all needs their own clip. Several clips for each tank-rigging. Clips on various hoses, inflators, etc. Clips to hang up gear. Clips with paracord loops inside the pouch. Clips for clipping clips to other clips!

I'm excited to try some double-enders I got from Piranah several months ago (I don't dive the winters yet). I was always having trouble unclipping the butt-pouch, so I decided to spend a little extra buying these (below). I can't give feedback just yet, but they seem nicer on land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom