Wanted WTB Entry level Suunto Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noj3333

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for an entry level (zoop, vyper, ect.) computer for my wife. Please feel free to PM me if you have one you'd be willing to part with.

The zoops are clearing out for $199 at several online shops, have a look if that fits the budget.

Another option you might check is the new Deep 6 dive computer that is supposed to be released in the next few weeks for about $140. I believe it runs a RGBM algorithm which should be somewhat similar to Suunto's proprietary RGBM algorithm.

I do have an old (early 90's) Suunto Favor Air in my garage gathering dust that I learned on. It's lack of bottom time (plus not nitrox capable) is what convinced me to buy an Oceanic. If you want it PM me.

Last edited:
The zoops are clearing out for $199 at several online shops, have a look if that fits the budget.
I'm just checking to see what's out there, I figure a used zoop should go for around $125. If there's nothing for sale I'll just get a new zoop.
Another option you might check is the new Deep 6 dive computer that is supposed to be released in the next few weeks for about $140. I believe it runs a RGBM algorithm which should be somewhat similar to Suunto's proprietary RGBM algorithm.

I do have an old (early 90's) Suunto Favor Air in my garage gathering dust that I learned on. It's lack of bottom time (plus not nitrox capable) is what convinced me to buy an Oceanic. If you want it PM me.
My wife and I are going to Key Largo in a month, so I'd like the computer before then. I'll pass on the Favor Air, I'd like the battery to be compatible with the newer Suunto's so I don't have to keep extra bits and pieces around for service. Thank you for the offer though.

I have a Zoop that has never been wet that I'll sell for $150 shipped to you, includes manuals and I'll put a fresh battery in it. I bought it for a spare and haven't used it. I can also set it up in a console with spg for $200. Email me, tcollins@ec.rr.com, and I'll send pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom