Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic really doesn’t like to show or announce products before they have a date certain for being able to deliver. About all I can say is that 1) we are testing, and there will be a lot of testing as we want this product to be extremely reliable; and 2) it’s going to be a very interesting and flexible addition to the lineup of wrist dive computers. Divers who like the existing Cobalt console’s user interface will find even more to like with this.

-Ron

Ron, thanks for the reply. We will just keep waiting impatiently. Glad to hear about all the testing. Hopefully it will rock the scuba industry when released.

As Dean and the dedicated men and women who work at Atomic's Headquarters know my fiercely loyalty to the brand (including several tattoos of the Atomic gear I dive with) my dilemma of my redundant computer being my wrist mount Mares HD Icon and my Colbalt 2 being my primary, makes me shudder at the thought of a Atomic wrist mount that I sincerely thought was a "unicorn" of possibility!

...anxiously waiting!
Guerrilla Diver DSC_0006.jpg

Remember that Seabear H3? Well that company went mainstream the other day as the parent company of Scuba Pro (Johnson Outdoors) purchased Seabear.

I bought myself a Petrel2 to use in the interim.

I think this is the current high water mark for wrist computers. If somebody can largely emulate the capabilities of the Shearwater products but add air integration as an option, I suspect they will do fantastically well (and a large volume of sales will likely mean lower prices!). Whether it's Atomic, Liquivision's Omnix, or another manufacturer to get there first will be interesting to see, but it's good as a consumer to see several companies headed that direction.

I got sick of waiting, and just ordered a Ratio iX3M....it's on the way from Italy, apparently. :)

I think this is the current high water mark for wrist computers. If somebody can largely emulate the capabilities of the Shearwater products but add air integration as an option, I suspect they will do fantastically well (and a large volume of sales will likely mean lower prices!). Whether it's Atomic, Liquivision's Omnix, or another manufacturer to get there first will be interesting to see, but it's good as a consumer to see several companies headed that direction.

What about the SP "GALILEO SOL"? What does the Shearwater do that the "GALILEO SOL" can't do?

Atomic really doesn’t like to show or announce products before they have a date certain for being able to deliver. About all I can say is that 1) we are testing, and there will be a lot of testing as we want this product to be extremely reliable; and 2) it’s going to be a very interesting and flexible addition to the lineup of wrist dive computers. Divers who like the existing Cobalt console’s user interface will find even more to like with this.

-Ron

Hey Ron, another 3 months have gone by. Any update? (sigh... :depressed: )

Vapour ware. What more reliable than the cobalt? Not difficult.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hey Ron, another 3 months have gone by. Any update? (sigh... :depressed: )

I can’t really say more now than I did above. We’re testing both hardware and firmware, we’re incorporating a lot of suggestions from this forum and from our users. The user interface is a big focus for us, we want it to be completely intuitive, particularly considering the increase in capabilities with this unit. We’re developing a flexible platform that can be used long into the future.

-Ron

Back
Top Bottom