Wrist computers - what are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a tech diver. Just a newbie rec diver. Shearwater Perdix. Because SB told me so...LOL.:eyebrow:

I use it on rec mode. Big easy to read screen. Husband has one too.

shearwater petrel 2 & aladin 2g as a backup

I own a petrel, a tec3g, and an old uwatec digital depth gauge.

I'd been using an Oceanic Veo 180 since I did my Nitrox class, years ago ...

Last December, my dive-buddy/guide in Boca Chica (DR) showed me that it was quite aggressive, compared to the Suunto computer she was using. And seeing as I am in my sixties, overweight, and I've been bent once before, I was persuaded to change to the Suunto Zoop. It's definitely more restrictive, but that is not a bad thing, in my case.

I'd been using an Oceanic Veo 180 since I did my Nitrox class, years ago ...

Last December, my dive-buddy/guide in Boca Chica (DR) showed me that it was quite aggressive, compared to the Suunto computer she was using. And seeing as I am in my sixties, overweight, and I've been bent once before, I was persuaded to change to the Suunto Zoop. It's definitely more restrictive, but that is not a bad thing, in my case.
Not saying upgrading was a bad thing, but why not just dive the same computer and come up with more ndl left?

I use a Mares Puck Pro. I've been using it for about a year and I love it. I bought the USB cable and clip so that I could import my dives into Mares' digital dive log. It's simple, easy to use and read, and does everything I need it to do.

My primary computer is an Oceanic VT3, just over 6 years old, 760 dives. I'm very sorry Oceanic discontinued the VT3, VT4/4.1 series. I don't have much interest in the VTX.

Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox since 1996/7.
Oceanic Veo 180 as back up from last yr after my Aladin Pro expired.

I use a Suunto Vyper Air as my main computer and I love it. I can see everything I need to at a glance. I've never had any issues reading it even in very murky water. Yes it may be a bit more conservative than other computers, but it can be adjusted to be less so. I have a Suunto Cobra mounted in my console as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom