Wrist computers - what are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Galileo Luna with the air integration sensor. I love it! Have had it about a year. I know AI isn't Scubaboard cool, but I love getting rid of the extra hose. I figure that if I ever have issues with it on a dive I can just call the dive at that point. I carry a brass pressure gage as a backup, so all I'd have to do is remove the AI sensor from my 1st stage and replace it with the SPG and I'd be right back in the water. All that said, I've never had any issues with it since I've had it. My wife is my primary dive buddy and I bought her the same computer. An added perk is that both computers can read both sensors so you can see both your air and your buddy's. That said, my LDS also gave me a sweet discount on it, so I paid substantially less than MSRP- MSRP with the sensor is around $1,000.

I have an Oceanic Geo 2.0 and like it. It is watch-sized. It has been reliable and gives me depths, times, and remaining bottom time. Temperature is there with a button push. It records time, depth, and temperature. Display reasonably clear, and has an effective backlight although it is not large or bright enough to read in extremely poor viz (say, less than 2 feet).

Suunto D9.

It's OK. After 500 odd dives on it, I am too lazy to change. If I lose it I will get something else though.

Take a very basic one: Iwatec/aladin for me has the best deco mode.

I bought all of my computers used, but I had a Suunto D4i and an Atomic Cobalt. The D4i was too hard to read underwater. The Atomic was nice looking, but cumbersome. I sold both and bought an Eon Steel. Fricken love it.

Its expensive, but I knew I was going to be doing this hobby for a long time, so I took the plunge.

Great idea to buy a second hand simple computor. You can find good ones around the $ 150/200 mark.

I currently dive with an Oceanic VTX (when my wife isn't diving). I love the display, bright and easy to read. Menu navigation is great easy as well, and of course it has AI. Battery life does suck, but the pros outweigh that for me.

My other computer is a Hollis DG03, it has been good for the most part, it's a little harder to read and navigate menus, but it is a cheap option with AI. I did have to send it in once because it had me at 230' when I was actually at 40' max, but they put a new battery and screen protector on it for me.

I'm waiting for the new SP Luna to come out now. it will be the form factor of the Seabear H3, but it will have AI. Once I have that the the Wife gets the VTX and the Hollis stays as my backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom