Wrinkles September Dive Catalina 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie, I usually bring my camera when I dive and I will be bringing it tomorrow at CP. I try to keep up! Haven't had any major issues thus far. Bring it along if you are ready to take it underwater! I expect some nice vis and cool critters.

Jim, you'll be needing those weights!

I want to bring my tank, and I have a cart to carry them in. How close is the fill truck?
The walk to the dive spot shouldn't be too bad, but when we fill the tanks how far away is it? Also any problems with DIN tanks or HP tanks? If you rent the tank, how far away is the swap spot?

Thanks,

Sean

divebuddysean:
I want to bring my tank, and I have a cart to carry them in. How close is the fill truck?
The walk to the dive spot shouldn't be too bad, but when we fill the tanks how far away is it? Also any problems with DIN tanks or HP tanks? If you rent the tank, how far away is the swap spot?

Thanks,

Sean

its a schlep to carry your tanks to the point from the Mole (boat dock)...even wif a cart. Get a cab or use the Sherpas (Catalina Baggage Service) and you can simply stroll to the point. So the tank schlep is about 200' to the cab from the boat.

Once at the point, its a couple of hundred feet from your spot to the fill station. I never bring a cart with me to the Island - and I dive the e8-130! Just shoulder the thing to the cab, and back and forth to the fill station... leave the cart.

The fill station can fill DIN as well as (j)yoke. They will give you between 3000 and 3400 on your HP. I always bring a pressure gauge, and check it before I leave the station and schlep back to my stuff.... they're hot fills. If I don't get a 3000+, I make them top it off. Its rare I need a top off.

Bring a tarp to set up on, quarters for the lockers and singles to tip the tank monkeys.

Enjoy. I wish I was joining you people tomorrow.

K

divebuddysean:

Thanks,

Sean

50 yards

ChrisM:

If the line is long, maybe only 25 yards!

K

I just realized... I have to get up at 4 am!! Who's idea was this again?? Ana?? And she is not even coming?

Jim - Weights (you know what I mean!)

::Groan::

I just got up at 4 am!

Back
Top Bottom