Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone, I've got an important update for those of you who have yet to make your reservations for the November Catalina trip.

The Seaport Village has confirmed that they are sold out for this weekend with over 25 divers from our group showing up. Since many of you are still looking to attend the dive next month, we have put together a list of other hotels in the area which should have space. Remember, it's off season so you may be able to get better rates if you ask. If you do end up getting a different rate or if a property on this list is full please let Headhunter or myself know so we can update it.

Over 30 divers have RSVP'd that they will be attending on either Saturday, Sunday or for the entire weekend and many more have indicated that they are planning to show up as well. This is a fantastic turn out and we're looking forward to a great event. Given the number of divers we do ask that anyone attending RSVP's so we can get a sense as to the final headcount.

As a final suggestion, given the number of members attending this event you may want to make your reservations soon to find availability at any of the remaining properties. Also, there will be many non-divers attending of all ages so feel free to bring the significant other, friends, family, kids, anyone, diver or not.

And if you're not able to make it for the entire weekend, please feel free to join the group on either Saturday or Sunday for diving and the general Wrinkles Dive socializing. It's going to be a great time and we look forward to seeing you there!

---------------------------------------------

Seaport Village
Availability: Sold Out
Price: N/A

Hermosa Hotel
Availability: Vacancies
Price: Starts at $40/ night
(877) 453-1313
hermosahotel.com - Catalina

Atwater Hotel
Availability: Vacancies
Prices: Starts at $64/ night
(800) 626-1496
Visit Catalina Island - Hotels, Packages, Tours, and more.

Hotel Catalina
Availability: Unknown
Prices: Starts at $110/ night
(800) 540-084
Hotel Catalina

Catalina Express
Rates: Round trip
- From Long Beach, San Pedro - $59
- From Dana Point - $61
Catalina Express // Daily Trips To Catalina Island

As usual, Christian and I have secured a suite at the seaport village for post dive socializing. Given the size of the group, we will also be making reservations at restaurants TBD both Friday and Saturday night for anyone who wishes to attend.

Any establishment out there have a mechanical bull? :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey,
anybody interested in rooming?
I am going by myself. I can either go friday night or saturday morning.

Pls hit me with a PM if interested.

Thanks

I just had to cancel my room at the Seaport for the weekend. They should have one room open if anyone wants to book it.

So sad to not be able to go.

Cool, I will call them.
Thanks

One more question, do you need a dive flag at Catalina? Combining rope and kelp doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I thought I better make sure I don't need to pack my flag.
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey folks, I am flying out from New Mexico to attend the Wrinkles event and to dive the Kelp. Is anyone looking for a roommate? I plan on arriving Catalina Friday night and diving Saturday and Sunday. I dive with my local Scubaboard group here in NM and am looking forward to meeting the SoCal gang. See you there.

Hey folks, I am flying out from New Mexico to attend the Wrinkles event and to dive the Kelp. Is anyone looking for a roommate? I plan on arriving Catalina Friday night and diving Saturday and Sunday. I dive with my local Scubaboard group here in NM and am looking forward to meeting the SoCal gang. See you there.

They still have rooms for $40 to $70 a night.

Be sure to attend our Night dive on Friday night! We plan on splashing at 5:00 to 5:15 PM, then having dinner at 7:30 in town.

Details on the night dive can be found here (linky)

Our last night dive in the park rocked. Rays, Octopus, lobster, eel and all manner of other cool stuff was out. We even had a couple of first time night divers join us.

See you there!

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom