Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Bil, what are the condition like? Channel 7 said the local weather is supposed to be in the low 70's to high 60's. I am guessing the water is 65 deg. at surface and high 50's at 60' to 70'.

Dr Bil, what are the condition like? Channel 7 said the local weather is supposed to be in the low 70's to high 60's. I am guessing the water is 65 deg. at surface and high 50's at 60' to 70'.

Finally my earlier post comes in handy!

Forecast for Avalon shows high of 81, low of 58 for this weekend.

Shame that's LAST weekend's forecast... the link to the Westher Channel forecast, however, shows a high of 66/67, and a low of 55/54. Bring your jackets...

Just 3 days and counting!

I'm showing 60-degree surface conditions with light clouds -- a little cool but perfectly calm for our diving.

And here I wake up this morning with a big ol' cold. May have to cancel. :(

Yikes, within two days I don't think I get a refund, either.

It's cold and foggy in Yorba Linda, CA which is within visual sight of Catalina on a clear day. It has been like 65 degrees here all week.

CompuDude you could, at the least, show up for dinner Sat night. Bring your snorkle though so you can download your chicken soup.

Hey everyone. With so many people RSVP'd we felt it was best to try to get a general sense as to head-count for dinner Friday & Saturday. I've PM'd everyone who I have down as attending but if you didn't get my message or have yet to RSVP please PM me and let me know if you think you'll be making it to dinner Friday or Saturday. Thank ya!

What's the dress code? Can I get away with jeans, tennis shoes and a sweatshirt for the weekend? Our dive gear has taken up a LOT of room in the bags thanks to the drysuits so clothing is turning into a "necessities only" exercise.
Ber :lilbunny:

What's the dress code? Can I get away with jeans, tennis shoes and a sweatshirt for the weekend? Our dive gear has taken up a LOT of room in the bags thanks to the drysuits so clothing is turning into a "necessities only" exercise.

Must wear Mediterranean or Hawaiian formal :D

It's a dive trip, not a fashion show. Unless you want to hit one of the fancier restaurants and dress up a smidge (this is still California, after all), where whatever you are warm and comfy in.

A jacket, jeans and a t-shirt is all I generally bring (or shorts and flip flops if it's warm).

Back
Top Bottom