Wrinkles November '05 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
I put it on the monument, and its gone. Must have blow off into the abyss. Glad there was a sighting.

Hey Ken, when I saw your mug (only seen it once, 2 months ago or so) it was not on the monument, but was clipped to the line along the sand there and had an octopus living inside of it. Thought you'd be glad to know someone found it useful.

CaptainMarvel:
Looks like I'll be able to join the festivities. Can't do an overnighter this time, but I'll be there on Saturday. Look forward to seeing everyone!

-Scott

Teresa and I are scheduled on the 6:15am boat Sat. morning, and returning at 7:30pm. Which boat are you on Scott?

Is there anyone else going to take the early boat over, Sat.?

We wish we could stay all weekend, sounds like alot of fun, but, we have another commitment on Sun.

Is anyone planning on diving The Valiant?

Rick

Rickster:
Is anyone planning on diving The Valiant?

Rick
Rick,

I would love to dive the Valiant. We have to get permission from the Harbor Master because of its location. Also, remember that this is Veteran's Day Weekend and there may be too much boat traffic for this to be possible.

Maybe some others would be interested in this and if the Harbor Master grants permission, we could schedule this as a 2nd dive on Saturday to give everyone a chance to arrive and catch up on that morning.

I'm really looking forward to this Wrinkles Dive weekend!

Christian

I'd be up for diving the Valiant on Saturday.

Rick - I haven't booked anything yet, but I plan to go on the 6:15 out of Long Beach as well.

Christian, I am all fired up :jump3: :bigun2: about this next Catalina trip, too. This is going to be great!

If we get permission from the H.M. and if the boat traffic permits, "Lets Do The Valiant".

Scott, I booked our seats on the boat right away, this time. My last trip out to Catalina, I just showed up to go, and they where booked solid until the evening, so I stayed at a hotel for the night and went the next morning. I don't want to go thru that again. teqp is going on the 6:15am, so we will have some company on the ride over.

Rick

headhunter:
I would love to dive the Valiant. We have to get permission from the Harbor Master because of its location...
...Maybe some others would be interested in this and if the Harbor Master grants permission, we could schedule this as a 2nd dive on Saturday
CouldWe, couldweplease??? Christian, are you planning on asking the Harbor Master?
This IS going to be a great weekend!:D

HBDiveGirl:
CouldWe, couldweplease??? Christian, are you planning on asking the Harbor Master?
This IS going to be a great weekend!:D
OK, I'll ask. Dr. Bill could you let me know what the process is, please?

Christian

Christian,

Call Doug Oudin, Harbormaster, 310-510-4211 when you get off of the CatExpress. Ask if they are issuing permits to dive the valiant. All divers will have to walk to the Harbormaster's office on the pier to sign for the permits. At least that's how we did it last time. Dr. Bill might have better info or a hookup for you. It appears they issue the permits based on the boat traffic. But there has also been times we've asked and been denied when they were not mooring boats in Descanso Bay. Good luck, its a great dive!

jetfixer:
Christian,

Call Doug Oudin, Harbormaster, 310-510-4211 when you get off of the CatExpress. Ask if they are issuing permits to dive the valiant. All divers will have to walk to the Harbormaster's office on the pier to sign for the permits. At least that's how we did it last time. Dr. Bill might have better info or a hookup for you. It appears they issue the permits based on the boat traffic. But there has also been times we've asked and been denied when they were not mooring boats in Descanso Bay. Good luck, its a great dive!
Thanks Todd. That's really helpful.

Hey, when are we going to see you again at one of these? :wink:

Hope to see you soon.

Christian

I just had some plans fall through, so I may be able to make this one. Let me see if my better half wants to come...last time he whined about the golf course.

From what Ken mentioned about the Hermosa (bathroom down the hall), I think I'm glad they are booked!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom