Wrinkles November '05 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Been to RVP. Not too bad.

Yeah - if I'm staying the weekend, I want to dine one night.

Eat with metal utensils, ceramic plates, cloth napkins, wine not in a tumbler. You know... water in glass stemware and not in frosted plastic cups. Someplace where I'll want to wear a collered shirt.

Sweet. I'm in.

---
Ken
We should make the fine dining experience on Saturday night then.

This allows for the crazy night diving extravaganza on Friday and that vino will be most welcome when the muscles are a bit more sore from a day of diving.

What say you, Mo2?

I want to know what the rest of you fine diners think to, but it would have messed up my rhyme.

Christian

P.S. Maybe Mo2 will bust out a new Catalina haiku. :wink:

Okay, I'm booked on the noon ferry from Long Beach on Friday, Nov. 11, then back on the (almost) last ferry at 6 pm on Sunday. Cool.

Turns out Jaye has that Friday off. So we're going to be going over on Friday morning on the 8:50 AM from San Pedro. WOO HOO!!!

On Saturday my Aunt and Uncle are having a surprise 50th anniversary party in PV that afternoon. We'll return Sat night for some more park night diving, then hang out until late Sunday.

Friday:
* SP -> Avalon 8:50 AM
* Couple-three dives that day
* 1 or 2 night dives that evening
* Party like rock stars in town (Cman- we may need to make this the night we dine)

Saturday:
* a single Am dive
* Avalon -> SP 10:30 AM
* Fam gathering. Much celebration with a side of the Fam that hasn't seen me for years. OY.
* SP -> Avalon 5:05 PM
* 1 night dive in the park
* Party like rock stars in town while Claudette sings Karaoke (maybe she'll sing R.E.S.P.E.C.T.)

Sunday
* Wake early and dive the park (or maybe the King?)
* Avalon -> SP 6:45 PM

So I'll need to cut out mid-day on Sat. I'm kinda bummed, but after about a week or wrestling about this thing, I think its a good idea I make an appearance at the event.

Its gonna be a great weekend.

Ken

Mo2vation:
* Party like rock stars in town while Claudette sings Karaoke (maybe she'll sing R.E.S.P.E.C.T.)
One too many hits off the nitrous bottle there, Monsieur Mo2vation :lol3: !

You oughta see someone about those hallucinations.... "Medic!! E-cylinder on the double... we've got a raver over here!"

Now, I've heard the C-man is working on his version of the Fundie Shuffle:59: , combining the best of competitive swing dance and DIR S-drills. Maybe we'll be the first to share the thrill :eyebrow: .

Be There... or Be Outta Air!

Mo2vation:
Friday:
* Party like rock stars in town (Cman- we may need to make this the night we dine)

Ken
I'm sure we can arrange this!

I'm not sure which boat on Friday I'm coming over on. Depends on work. I may get off a few hours early, which would facilitate the situation. :wink:

Where there is good food...there is a way!

Christian

HBDiveGirl:
Now, I've heard the C-man is working on his version of the Fundie Shuffle:59: , combining the best of competitive swing dance and DIR S-drills. Maybe we'll be the first to share the thrill :eyebrow: .

Be There... or Be Outta Air!
I can see it now...drops, lifts, slides and aerials wearing double E-130s! :11:

We'll call it "Cirque du Fundé"! :D

Now who's "hittin' the bottle"?

Christian

headhunter:
I can see it now...drops, lifts, slides and aerials wearing double E-130s! :11:

We'll call it "Cirque du Fundé"! :D

Now who's "hittin' the bottle"?

Christian
And all illuminated by a circle of HID lights resting in cooling water-baths, tended by cute young things.

I suggest you go with the SeaHunt silver-painted balsa-wood double-130s... you know, since we're in that elevated medical-risk category as defined by GUE :05: .

Dive Smart.... Dance Smart!

"Cirque du Funde"... another flash of brilliance, C-man!

Mo2vation:
Turns out Jaye has that Friday off. So we're going to be going over on Friday morning on the 8:50 AM from San Pedro. WOO HOO!!!

On Saturday my Aunt and Uncle are having a surprise 50th anniversary party in PV that afternoon. We'll return Sat night for some more park night diving, then hang out until late Sunday.

Friday:
* SP -> Avalon 8:50 AM
* In the water by 11:00. Couple-three dives that day
* 1 or 2 night dives that evening

Saturday:
* a single Am dive
* Avalon -> SP 10:10 AM (via 2 Harbors.. oh well)
* Fam gathering. Much celebration with a side of the Fam that hasn't seen me for years. OY.
* SP -> Avalon 5:05 PM
* 1 night dive in the park

Sunday
* Wake early and dive the park (or maybe the King?)
* Avalon -> SP 6:45 PM

So I'll need to cut out mid-day on Sat. I'm kinda bummed, but after about a week or wrestling about this thing, I think its a good idea I make an appearance at the event.

Its gonna be a great weekend.

Ken

Got our Rezzies at the Hermosa... The last room they had. We got the "E" room - as in EWWWWWW.... the bathroom down the hall, no TV room. Its described as "room near bath..." Uh, yeah. Jaye's gonna love this one :rolleyes:

Got all of the boats back and forth booked too. Chewed up my Commuter book, but this will work. I'm pretty fired up about this. I haven't stayed on Cat for ages.

Its gonna be fun.

CMan - lets plan on dining Friday. You make the call. Steakhouse? I wanna do some night diving, so find out how late they serve. Good thing is it'll be getting dark round five-ish at this time. Maybe we can get rezzies at 8:00? We should be able to get in a sundown dive and maybe a night dive and get to dinner by 8:00. I'll bring a nice Port so after dinner we can all sit on the beach, bundle up, talk story and enjoy a nice 20 YO Tawny.

This is gonna be great.

See ya!

---
Ken

Looks like I'll be able to join the festivities. Can't do an overnighter this time, but I'll be there on Saturday. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Btw, Ken - I did a night dive at Vet's Park a couple weeks ago and one of the first things I stumble upon is a Scubaboard coffee mug with your screenname and avatar photo on it. I felt honored. :)

-Scott

CaptainMarvel:
Btw, Ken - I did a night dive at Vet's Park a couple weeks ago and one of the first things I stumble upon is a Scubaboard coffee mug with your screenname and avatar photo on it. I felt honored. :)

-Scott

I put it on the monument, and its gone. Must have blow off into the abyss. Glad there was a sighting.

See you Sat.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom