Wrinkles Dive November Date Poll

What day sould the dive be on?

• Saturday November 6th (probably too soon)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian,

I have camped and dove in La Bocana, Baja as well as San Simeon. I have heard good reports of La Bufadora, Baja too.

Re rates in Catalina, I will call and check. I know during the Avalon Cleanup in Feb (my birthday weekend) rates are like $50 for TWO nights!!! Can't beat that! (BTW, that's for the entire room, not per person).

Oh, I forgot, I have also camped and dove off of Santa Cruz Island. That was alot of fun, but ALOT of work!!! You litterally have to haul everything in, and everything out that you need. Ie 3 dives, you will need 3 tanks.

Also did some worldclass Kayaking around the island and in and out of some cool caves.

La Bufadora would be awsome. I have heard it gets cold though. Some people down here have done it several times. I think the Dive Animals organize a few trips a year down there. It's not too far south of the border. Anyone have any info?

Diver_Jan:
Re rates in Catalina, I will call and check. I know during the Avalon Cleanup in Feb (my birthday weekend) rates are like $50 for TWO nights!!! Can't beat that! (BTW, that's for the entire room, not per person).
Now that's what I'm talking about! An offer I can't refuse! :crafty:

Christian

Christian,

It gets better yet! Check this out: http://www.catalina.com/hermosa/ Rates start at $35 to $115 for two nights lodging!

Like I said, I have stayed here. It's not fancy by any means, but it is clean and cheap. No thrills. No TV, radio, ect. Some rooms that are more, do have TV and even a kitchenette.

I am game to go the weekend following Thanksgiving. I think I will call tomorrow to make my reservation.

Dr. Bill, are you on this thread? Will you be around that weekend???

Yes it will be at Heisler Park in Laguna

We can follow the same schedule as we did in San Diego like Christian recommended:

6:00AM - Early Birds arrive and lay claim to a spot (put out tarps and shade thingies)
7:00AM - First Dive,
10:00AM - Second Dive,
12:00AM - Lunch
2:00PM - Third Dive,
5:00PM - Night Dive (Sun sets, bring your lights, extra batteries and warm clothes)
7:00PM - Dinner, lots of little cafe's in the area (walking distance)

Here is the list of items….I don’t think we need as much as we had last time…

• BBQ grill and all the accessories (charcoal, tongs, etc..)
• EZup
• Utensils
plates
napkins
forks
knives
trash bags
• Condiments:
ketchup
mayo
mustard
lettuce