Wreckmaniacs ..new and old ..are you out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all you Bonaire divers! I'm looking forward to meeting and diving with each one of you. Beth and I need time away from the rat race. Walter, will see you in Miami at the airport. :tree: Bob

:iwagima:
IN HONOR OF THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR ALL

Hope you all have a great time in Bonaire! I can't help but say I am jealous as my weekend plans involve 8 hours of sitting in a boring grad school class and handing Jeff tools he needs while he is remodeling our kitchen.

We are definitely in for Wreckmania II. Since Jeff has 2 more dives to complete his certification, we will both be students. I thought the fin portion of the class was great and maybe if the pool had been larger or deeper it would have been easier?

That is the only suggestion that I could think of. A resort with a larger, deeper pool for the fin class. Oh yeah and maybe a conference room so Walter wouldn't have to teach on the gazebo but those are minor logistics kinds of things. All things considered, we could do it at the same place as this year and that would still be great.

BTW, sorry I haven't been on the board much. Getting ready for a baby can be time consuming! Everything is going great. I am in week 26 so we are almost in the home stretch.

Safe travels to all headed south and look forward to the trip report!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Hi, how can I get more information on wreckmania 2003??? I am not AOW certified yet but me and my wife will by the time the 2003 one is scheduled. I really like wrecks.... at least from the outside so I guess it will be an intersting experience. We are in Miami so I guess the logistics wont be that complicated for us.

thanks in advance

ivan:D

Ivan,

Do you use the American (I' vun) or Russian (E van') pronunciation?

AOW is not required for the Wreck specialty. You will need to have completed 20 dives prior to the beginning of the course.

Send Natasha a PM to get info and be placed on her mailing list.

Ivan:
Thanks for bringing up this thread. Walter and I have talked on the phone recently, and penciled in the dates we are hoping to do Wreckmania II.
I am just days away from going to DEMA, the scuba convention, in Las Vegas. When I return, after speaking again with Walter, we will announce all the plans for WMII.
We are about 12 days away from the announcements! Stay tuned.

PS. If you send me an email to Natasha708@aol.com you will be put on the prefered WMII mailing list that will go out to everyone before it is posted here.

:)
Again thanks for asking!

Walter, thanks for your reply... about the name, since I am from a spanish speaking country, the pronunciation I use is e'van (russian)although since I move to the states I get half/half in term of pronounciation, I am used to responding to both:D

hope to hear from you guys soon...

ivan

netdoc, i dont know why he pronounce it that way, maybe to make it sound sophisticated.....:D

in spanish the i sounds like the e in english. So if you read ivan in spanish, you will pronounce it e'van kind of...

regards
ivan or e'van or a'van or whichever you guys prefer:wink:

Natasha once bubbled...

We are about 12 days away from the announcements! Stay tuned.

Natasha,

Any news yet? So friends from Pontiac, Mo invited Jeff and I to an Underwater Hockey and Spearfishing tournament in late June but I told them it all depended on the dates for Wreckmania! We are anxious to hear what you and Walter are cooking up.

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Yes, we're ready to announce the details of WMII. I have been on the phone with Walter, and KingNeptune today.
Everything is in place and ready to go.
I'll start a new post when I return from lunch today!
Stay Tuned!

Back
Top Bottom