Wrecking Crew T-shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gedunk:
Hey, your talking to an old fart engineer who used punch cards and card batch readers at one time ya know. That tape stuff was high tech at the time. :wink:

The porthole has my vote for the hats also.

But could you read 5 and 7 level code off a punched tape????

This old communications type could for a short while in the early 80's when my 'then' employer was still using Model 28 Teletype.

Heck, I worked with punched cards! Can't erase a mistake on a 72 column punched card, and can't add a 73'd character either....

...I'm suddenly feeling VERY OLD!!!!

Big-t-2538:
The following is a list of individuals who have expressed interest in a T-shirt with the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew logo on it. I do not believe the design is official yet, but something very similar to what is seen here can be expected.

Gedunk has offered to contact a supplier for an inital order, and we'd need to make an initial purchase of 48 shirts to get the prices he quoted here.

At this point in time, we trying to get a feel for how many people are interested in a shirt, no money has to be paid, just an official "I want a shirt" decision.

I'll PM a mod to maintain this list & the total shirt count as we receive people's interest. Please post how many and what size shirt you would like to this thread so the list can be updated.

Thanks
-Tony
  • Mgictwnger, one XL
  • christopher1260, one L
  • FrankenmuthTom, one XXL
  • Big-T, one XXL + Hat
  • gedunk, three XL + two L
  • Juls64, two XL
  • diverbrian, two L + Hat
  • jjsteffen, one XXL + Hat
  • MittenDiver, three XXL + two M + one S
  • cldwdiver, one XL
  • Laser, one XXL + Hat
  • JacobsonC2, one XL, two M, + Hat
  • lisa4516, one XL, one M
  • rab, one XL
  • primalchaos, two XXL
  • Gtxl1200, one XL + Hat
  • AmyJ, two TBD
  • SHPWRCKDVR, two L + Hat
  • cd_in_SeaTec, one XL + Hat

Totals to date:
1-small
5-medium
7-large
12-Xlarge
9-XXlarge
2-TBD

Grand Total : 36 shirts, 8 hats

Add diverjed to the list!

Big-t-2538:
The following is a list of individuals who have expressed interest in a T-shirt with the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew logo on it. I do not believe the design is official yet, but something very similar to what is seen here can be expected.

Gedunk has offered to contact a supplier for an inital order, and we'd need to make an initial purchase of 48 shirts to get the prices he quoted here.

At this point in time, we trying to get a feel for how many people are interested in a shirt, no money has to be paid, just an official "I want a shirt" decision.

I'll PM a mod to maintain this list & the total shirt count as we receive people's interest. Please post how many and what size shirt you would like to this thread so the list can be updated.

Thanks
-Tony
  • Mgictwnger, one XL
  • christopher1260, one L
  • FrankenmuthTom, one XXL
  • Big-T, one XXL + Hat
  • gedunk, three XL + two L
  • Juls64, two XL
  • diverbrian, two L + Hat
  • jjsteffen, one XXL + Hat
  • MittenDiver, three XXL + two M + one S
  • cldwdiver, one XL
  • Laser, one XXL + Hat
  • JacobsonC2, one XL, two M, + Hat
  • lisa4516, one XL, one M
  • rab, one XL
  • primalchaos, two XXL
  • Gtxl1200, one XL + Hat
  • AmyJ, two TBD
  • SHPWRCKDVR, two L + Hat
  • cd_in_SeaTec, one XL + Hat

Totals to date:
1-small
5-medium
7-large
12-Xlarge
9-XXlarge
2-TBD

Grand Total : 36 shirts, 8 hats

Make that a XXLarge

click on the link in my signature to our website. On the homepage is a link to my personal e-mail. I will send my address on request to those who wish to pay by check or you can simply type that address into Paypal and pay me that way. A check would be preferred (I don't like to pay Paypal's commision when I am not making a profit to offset it), but the other method does have ease of use going for it.

It appears that the final costs will be listed by Gedunk including shipping.

diverbrian:
A check would be preferred (I don't like to pay Paypal's commision when I am not making a profit to offset it), but the other method does have ease of use going for it.
how much comission are we talking brian?

If everyone who wants to use paypal pays an extra 50 cents per item (shirt & hat), would that cover it?

IMO since we are doing this at cost, if someone would like to pay via paypal, an added 50cents per shirt does not seem unreasonable for those paying in that manner.

diverbrian:
It appears that the final costs will be listed by Gedunk including shipping.

As noted a bunch of posts ago this supplier is willing to receive payment from and drop ship (via UPS only) to individuals. Other than sales tax, which is 6% in Michigan, coming up with a final cost for each individual won't be easy since shipping costs vary from place to place.

Plus if several of you get togeather and ship multiple orders to one location, your going to save on shipping costs per item. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is but i know i'm too busy at work to administrate it.

Are you and Tony still willing and able to get this all figured out Brian? I don't really want to give out the suppliers name and number in public here yet until the count is more solid via money collections.

Ideas?

gedunk:
Are you and Tony still willing and able to get this all figured out Brian? I don't really want to give out the suppliers name and number in public here yet until the count is more solid via money collections.

Ideas?
I'm willing to co-ordinate a bunch of stuff, process the order, verify and what not, but I'm not big on collecting the $$$. I would gladly be the distributor at Gilboa if we have the shirts by then.

One option for shipping would be the following 3 options.

1 - come to gilboa the weekend of the get-together and get your stuff, assuming that someone can pick up the shirts from the factory & be at gilboa.
2 - drop ship from the factory at costs to the purchaser.

gedunk:
As noted a bunch of posts ago this supplier is willing to receive payment from and drop ship (via UPS only) to individuals. Other than sales tax, which is 6% in Michigan, coming up with a final cost for each individual won't be easy since shipping costs vary from place to place.

Plus if several of you get togeather and ship multiple orders to one location, your going to save on shipping costs per item. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is but i know i'm too busy at work to administrate it.

Ideas?

Tony and I are sorting it out now. PM myself and Tony with the company address, and I could deal with the accounting issues as needed. I was thinking of cutting one check to the print company for all of it to make the accounting more convienent for them. Then, I can deal with who has paid and send my buttonman Guido to collect from those that don't, LOL.

For the people going to Gilboa, I could receive a large shipment and hand them out there. If I need to, I am sure that I could hook up with somebody going down using a large vehicle (assuming that the box is too big for my Mustang w/ dive gear). The others will likely need to be individually shipped.

BTW, I am not asking for this, but I just looked up my Paypal Acct. info. The commision that I have to pay per transaction is 2.9 percent +.30 USD per transaction on a Credit Card Transaction.

Big-t-2538:
I'm willing to co-ordinate a bunch of stuff, process the order, verify and what not, but I'm not big on collecting the $$$. I would gladly be the distributor at Gilboa if we have the shirts by then.

One option for shipping would be the following 3 options.

1 - come to gilboa the weekend of the get-together and get your stuff, assuming that someone can pick up the shirts from the factory & be at gilboa.
2 - drop ship from the factory at costs to the purchaser.

T, on shirts going to Gilboa, you could just have them shipped to someone going to Gilboa. Shipping one bigger box with a bunch of items in it is much cheaper per item than shipping one item per package.

diverbrian:
Tony and I are sorting it out now. PM myself and Tony with the company address, and I could deal with the accounting issues as needed. I was thinking of cutting one check to the print company for all of it to make the accounting more convienent for them. Then, I can deal with who has paid and send my buttonman Guido to collect from those that don't, LOL.

For the people going to Gilboa, I could receive a large shipment and hand them out there. If I need to, I am sure that I could hook up with somebody going down using a large vehicle (assuming that the box is too big for my Mustang w/ dive gear). The others will likely need to be individually shipped.

BTW, I am not asking for this, but I just looked up my Paypal Acct. info. The commision that I have to pay per transaction is 2.9 percent +.30 USD per transaction on a Credit Card Transaction.

We are on the same page ... info PMing at ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom