Wrecked Pirates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Briny Liney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Are there any diveable pirate wrecks in Florida?

For my pirates class, we have a creative final project where we can basically do whatever we want. All thoughts lead to diving, right? :wink:
So, I was thinking maybe I could do some diving on a wreck or some semblance of a wreck, do a sort of history report, and show off my dive pictures for my project.

The problem is that I don't really know about wrecks. All the ones I've been on have been sunk in the past 10 years or so. Are there any in Florida where I can dive when I go home for Thanksgiving? I've tried to do some searching but haven't come up with anything helpful so I thought I'd ask you experts.
I suppose I could also pop down to NC one weekend if there are more worthwhile pirate related wrecks there.

Thanks for your help!! :pirate2:

Hey,

I might be able to help you. Take a look on the internet for 1733 Fleet off Florida Keys. If this is something that would be of interested it's right off shore from my shop. Nothing left on it value wise, but still some timbers and ballast stones. Lots of history behind it.

Let me know what you think and either PM or email me.

Good Diving,

If you have the time, you could also look into diving the (presumptive) Queen Anne's Revenge, Blackbeard's ship off NC. It would be a shame to have to dive more than one pirate site!

Dive Down 2007

Cheer,
Lilla

Edit: Looks like this is an old page, but I think they are still doing something similar.

I did look into that one actually. It's like $2000 and all booked for this year, so that's not going to work for me.:pirate4:

Oh well, just a thought. Good luck with your project!

yes, please tell us more about this pirate class? YARR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom