Wreck sites in batangas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys are there any potential wreck sites in batangas? and nope dari laut is not a wreck. Bobby was mentioning that there were several potential wreck sites in the calatagan nasugbu area. anyone know anything about it? coordinates? pao maybe you know something? im considering checking out the other dive sites in batangas aside from anilao.

ishbaby:
if only Taal Lake was not infested with sea snakes . . . that would certainly be some some wreck dive.

i dont know of any wrecks in taal. i could be wrong though.

What's wrong with sea snakes?

I believe there was a sunken town over there when the volcano erupted many years ago.

I have this book The Mysteries of Taal by Thomas Hargrove.

ishbaby:
I believe there was a sunken town over there when the volcano erupted many years ago.

I have this book The Mysteries of Taal by Thomas Hargrove.

awesome unfortunately the viz is the worst kind youl ever get its like diving in cafe barako. but still just the thought of a sunken town down there makes my imagination go wild.

found some info on wrecks in Nasugbu:

. . . Nasugbu, north of Matabungkay, the same applies. From these places it is also possible to take a boat trip to Fortune Island, the island where, four hundred years ago, the Dutch Admiraal Olivier van Noort destroyed a Spanish fleet under Admiral Antonio de Morga. A few years ago the sunken flagship of the Morga, the San Diego, was salvaged and is now on display in the National Museum in Manila.

link: http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/golf/southern_luzon_batangas.html

ishbaby:
found some info on wrecks in Nasugbu:

. . . Nasugbu, north of Matabungkay, the same applies. From these places it is also possible to take a boat trip to Fortune Island, the island where, four hundred years ago, the Dutch Admiraal Olivier van Noort destroyed a Spanish fleet under Admiral Antonio de Morga. A few years ago the sunken flagship of the Morga, the San Diego, was salvaged and is now on display in the National Museum in Manila.

link: http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/golf/southern_luzon_batangas.html

time to bring out the metal detectors, burried artifacts may still be around

Back
Top Bottom