Wreck Penetration Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg,
I do a PADI Wreck Course and I like to combine it with the Deep Course. You need to be AOW and NITROX Certified. I call this Combo "The Gulf Diver" because to Dive the Northern Gulf of Mexico and truly enjoy it the skills learned in these Courses are a must.

Dive-aholic:
The PADI Wreck course I took concentrated on reel work. The PADI Wreck course I teach concentrates on reel work and long hose use, to include bubble checks and S-drills. We also shoot bags off the wreck and mid water...

Great. Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the details with Denise as that sounds like a really good training. As I am sure you know the PADI course does not have to do all that. I worked at a centre that taught wreck on a old bus in a quarry and involved little more than a swim round it.

As as been said a million time its the instructor not the course. However, the OP asked about a technical course (i.e. not PADI). These courses are aimed (in my experience) at penetration techniques and hence my comments that its not much point doing it if you don't want to go in...

Chris

chrisch:
Great. Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the details with Denise as that sounds like a really good training. As I am sure you know the PADI course does not have to do all that. I worked at a centre that taught wreck on a old bus in a quarry and involved little more than a swim round it.

As as been said a million time its the instructor not the course. However, the OP asked about a technical course (i.e. not PADI). These courses are aimed (in my experience) at penetration techniques and hence my comments that its not much point doing it if you don't want to go in...

Chris

Yes, I realize there are courses out there that teach right to the standards. PADI doesn't require a penetration, but does allow the option in the 4th dive. Based on Denise's profile and her other posts here, I believe a basic course would be the logical next step. No offense towards your post was meant. I just wanted to clarify that not all PADI courses are lightweight. Some can be pretty challenging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom