Wreck off St Petersburg, Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budledford

Reaction score
Looking for info on a wreck about 12 mi. off St Petersburg, is a tug. What is the name and any history.

Just dove the Sheridan last weekend. Great shape, decent vis, no current and plenty of goliath grouper.

Oops double post.

budledford:
Looking for info on a wreck about 12 mi. off St Petersburg, is a tug. What is the name and any history.

And here are some pictures I took while down there.

Knavey:
And here are some pictures I took while down there.

Thanks for the reply, great pics. The wreck I'm looking for is closer in, 12-14 miles off St Pete. in 45'. It looks to be a tug boat.

Bud

Sounds like the ORANGE tug. Was there a yellow buoy nearby? If not, you were probably on the DEBBIE ANN tug.
I have pics and history of the ORANGE on the AUE website, but I need to re-link it before it is viewable. She was sunk only a couple of years ago as part of the artificial reef program.

budledford:
Thanks for the reply, great pics. The wreck I'm looking for is closer in, 12-14 miles off St Pete. in 45'. It looks to be a tug boat.

Bud

aue-mike:
Sounds like the ORANGE tug. Was there a yellow buoy nearby? If not, you were probably on the DEBBIE ANN tug.
I have pics and history of the ORANGE on the AUE website, but I need to re-link it before it is viewable. She was sunk only a couple of years ago as part of the artificial reef program.

I believe the Debbie Ann is the one I'm looking for. Do you have any info on her? The only web site where she shows up is REEF but it doesn't give any information on the wreck. I'm working on my PADI dive master cert. and want to use the Debbie Ann for my site map. I'm looking for any kind of history. Thanks for your help.

Bud

budledford:
I believe the Debbie Ann is the one I'm looking for. Do you have any info on her? The only web site where she shows up is REEF but it doesn't give any information on the wreck. I'm working on my PADI dive master cert. and want to use the Debbie Ann for my site map. I'm looking for any kind of history. Thanks for your help.

Bud

To my knowledge there is no wreck called the Debbie Ann and no tugs within a couple of miles from shore. However in this area a lot of the charter boat Capt's call wrecks by a different name don't ask me why its like they are trying to keep them a secret !
If you go to www.pinellascounty.org/utilities they have a site that gives a lot of the wrecks in the area. Once you get to the web site in the search box (top left) type in artificial reef, this will get you there. Good luck.

KNAVEY quoted "Just dove the Sheridan last weekend. Great shape, decent vis, no current and plenty of goliath grouper".

Question: What dive op did you use to get to this wreak? Phone number if available please. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom