Wow, what a ride......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Coool...

My wife and I just got back from San Carlos, Mexico. What a trip! This was our first trip there. We arrived Thursday evening, driving from Phoenix. We caravanned down and the crew we traveled with made the trip easy.

Thursday night was mostly the social hour(s), well into the night (morning!). We had an afternoon charter so that left the morning to sleep in and see the town. That afternoon, we boarded the Ocean Spirit for a couple of afternoon dives. The first dive was Window rock. Not only is there a hole in the rock above the surface, there is one likewise underwater at about 30 feet. The swim through was fantastic, FULL of fish.

The next dive was the Aquarium. As the name suggests, it's like diving inside an aquarium. More marine life everywhere. Another fantastic dive. Saw some Skates on this dive.

On Saturday morning, we cruised out to Catalina Island and hung out with the sea lions. We were the first boat there that morning and they all came out to party with us. What a cool time. Made it hard to concentrate on other minor things, like air and such. We loved it so much, we dove the same site again. Not as many sea lions this time but it gave us a chance to see a lot of the other things of the water.

We had Saturday afternoon off for a nap then back on the boat for a night dive. We dove the aquarium again. It's great to see the same site in a different light (or lack thereof). Saw all kinds of different creatures than in the daytime.

I have to hand it to the shop we went with, Scuba Specialties. These guys were great. Very professional, on time, knowledgeable, courteous and safe. Couldn't ask for more. They know how to show people a good time. The boat crew was fantastic. Always there to help you up from the bench, in and out of the water and back on the bench. They had snacks ready after the dives and plenty of water to drink. And lots of fun too!

Even the divers that went with us were great lots of fun and all around great people. Made a lot of friends and lived to tell a lot of stories.

I even managed to get my AOW done at the same time. Great trip!

Darin

WaterWayne:
Darin, it seems that we paralleled each other this past weekend! See my trip report in a different thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1133160#post1133160

I was on the "Cortez Explorer", arriving at San Pedro Island after you. I take it you meant San Pedro Island rather than Catalina Island that you typed?

Doh! Right you are. We were talking about the live aboard coming up on the 4th of July, got me all confused. San Pedro it was. Sheesh....Tells ya' where my head is.

Darin

Back
Top Bottom