WOW! An-tique reg!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOVIZWHIZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just had little third grade teacher (I teach art) walk in and hand me one of the old US Divers DA- "AQUA MASTER", double hose /stage regulators. She told me her husband had sent it to me...... then she goes, "that's from him, this is from me!" and gives me a big hug....whooey- made my day......an the reg ain't bad either...., this thing's GOT to be a collector's item...so what's my first bid? Where the hell do you hook up the power inflator hose? Think it's safe to put on a tank?...not use in-water, just to see if it'll still "breathe"?

river rat:
Just had little third grade teacher (I teach art) walk in and hand me one of the old US Divers DA- "AQUA MASTER", double hose /stage regulators. She told me her husband had sent it to me...... then she goes, "that's from him, this is from me!" and gives me a big hug....whooey- made my day......an the reg ain't bad either...., this thing's GOT to be a collector's item...so what's my first bid? Where the hell do you hook up the power inflator hose? Think it's safe to put on a tank?...not use in-water, just to see if it'll still "breathe"?

OK, $10.00. Also, beter drop the tank pressure below 2200 psi to be safe.

rwg

Go ahead and rinse out the hoses & slap it on a tank. If it "sticks" upon exhalation that means the duckbill needs replacing. Many of the parts can still be had for the critters.
You can hook an inflator up to the hookah port if it has one.

I'll go $70, sight unseen....

As Bob mentioned, the duckbill is likely to be dry rotted, as are the one-way valves in the mouthpiece.

Be more than happy to take her of your hands...She will find a loving home among my vintage regs, and will see regular duty.

Greg

Inflator hose? :wink: Oh the memories. It was on the Horse collar. If you had one. If not you used a wetsuit and weights to get neutral.

For a kick watch Thunderball. That was the initiation for the single hose rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom