Is it the BCD or some screwy buoyancy issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I joined this forum because I am having similar issues and can't seem to find a solution. I have been diving for almost 20 years and am in great physical shape. I am very conservative with my air and have always had perfect buoyancy. In the last few years I have had an impossible time controlling my buoyancy, adding more weight, trying to adjust my breathing and constantly fiddling with my bc didn't help, the DM had to hold me down multiple times. I appear to be negatively buoyant and have no trouble descending, but 10-15 minutes into a dive I am literally fighting to stay underwater. My last two dives I had to hold hands with the DM. It guarantees I wont miss the boat, but if anyone has some suggestions I will be diving later in July.
It could be a problem of gastro-intestinal gas production.
I had a student suffering of this: under stress his digesting apparatus did produce a lot of gas. In some cases the gas remained trapped and was aching when expanding during ascent.
This is a medical condition and there are specific drugs for reducing the problem. Ask to your doctor...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom