Would you or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
P-valve- yes, Halcyon unbalanced

Pockets- 2 bellows, one on each thigh, DUI or Halcyon brand

WW

1) Why do you recommend Halcyon unbalanced as opposed to balanced P-valve?

2) edited.....got the answer to this one ..thanks

Thanks in advance..................jbm

but to have 3 things fail at the same time is remote.

You carry three lights in an overhead enviorment dont you?
You actualy have six if diving with a buddy, is that over kill.

jbm once bubbled...
1) Why do you recommend Halcyon unbalanced as opposed to balanced P-valve?Thanks in advance..................jbm

The prevailing wisdom among the folks that I dive with is that the balanced valve can cause urinary tract infections due to trapping of urine.

Yes, I realise that some look at this the opposite way and I also realise that thorough cleaning minimizes or negates the risk.

When I was valve shopping I actually ordered one of the OMS valves. When I got it and saw the size hole I would have to cut in my suit I sent it back. The thing is massive and weighs about 2 lbs!

WW

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I just realized why your trim is always outta whack!

That heavy stainless steel hocky puck glued to your thigh is putting you head up ~ foot down. :D

Yea, was a problem, but I cut 2 pounds off my left Turtle and now it's evened out. And, if we get bored with deco, we can have a game of shuffleboard. Halcyon weenies just play with their bolts :bonk:

Thanks for the "helpful" :rolleyes: advice.

MD

salty once bubbled...

You carry three lights in an overhead enviorment dont you?
You actualy have six if diving with a buddy, is that over kill.

No, I didn't say it was. I'd say it's just right.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
Yea, was a problem, but I cut 2 pounds off my left Turtle and now it's evened out.
That was an insightful workaround... not only did you solve the trim problem but now you can return to the entrance automatically... and frequently. :D

P-valves aren't essential if you are only doing short dives, if you decide you do need one they are pretty easy to retro fit.

Tough knee pads are useful for scrambling out of quarries but not much else

nickjb wrote...
Tough knee pads are useful for scrambling out of quarries but not much else
Ironshore.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

That was an insightful workaround... not only did you solve the trim problem but now you can return to the entrance automatically... and frequently. :D

I just kick twice with the left, once with the right. It evens out. Course, a scooter would be nice :mean:

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom