Would you have been arrested ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azscubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Posted today in the newspaper.

After reading this I wondered.. If this would have been you or me on our way to a relaxing vaca in CZM would we have been charged, arrested and/or held responsible for the costs if it were two passengers, or a passenger and a flight attendant involved in this incident ??

A United Airlines flight to Chicago returned to Raleigh-Durham International Airport shortly after takeoff Wednesday morning, after an altercation broke out between two flight attendants.

“Our law enforcement team was notified by the tower that the captain had requested law enforcement to meet the aircraft,” said Mindy Hamlin, RDU spokeswoman. “The aircraft had gotten about 50 miles out when he reported a possible assault on the aircraft.”
Airport police officers determined that no assault had taken place and no blows were exchanged, Hamlin said. They made no arrests.

“One flight attendant had crossed their leg and accidentally brushed the other person, and it was not intentional,” Hamlin said. “It appears there was a disagreement before that, that became elevated.”

The two attendants were removed from the plane and replaced with other employees. The flight continued to Chicago O’Hare after a three-hour delay.

“No charges were filed, and we will conduct our own internal review, and we of course apologize to our customers,” United spokeswoman Christen David said.

Now, not only do we have to worry about terrorists or irate/drunken passengers but fighting flight attendants too..:shakehead:

One of the FAs may have told the captain that the other assaulted her(?) so he had to act on that. The captain depends on the FAs a lot. FAs are on planes primary to enforce and supervise safety, getting all the passengers off in an emergency, and the like - the rest of their work in serving beverages, etc. if a time killer for them. Travel stress affects them too tho.

They have been in the news a bit lately....

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...t-Philly-International-Airport-170903511.html

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...flight-attendant-stole-fliers-ipad/57835990/1

http://overheadbin.nbcnews.com/_new...ants-argument-causes-4-hour-delay-at-jfk?lite

Last edited:
With the BS that they put up with, it's a good thing they don't carry weapons. Everyone has their breaking point, especially under duress or bad work scenarios. Can't imagine watching a bunch of twits trying to stuff oversized bags into the overheads day in and day out and then want first class service in coach. I thank God i don't travel as much as I used to. I could really hurt someone with my pencil!!:D

Wow you actually worry about those things when you fly :rofl3:

No, I'm actually one that wishes they would totally disband the TSA (and have been from day one) knowing it would turn into just another bloated bureaucracy that costs us hundreds of billions of dollars that has yet to thwart one single incident (unless you consider strip searching the elderly and children terrorists).

---------- Post Merged at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:04 PM ----------

With the BS that they put up with, it's a good thing they don't carry weapons. Everyone has their breaking point, especially under duress or bad work scenarios. Can't imagine watching a bunch of twits trying to stuff oversized bags into the overheads day in and day out and then want first class service in coach. I thank God i don't travel as much as I used to. I could really hurt someone with my pencil!!:D

They let you on the airplane with a pencil ? MacGyver could turn that into a nuke..:D

Back
Top Bottom