Would you Encourage or Discourage your Child to Enlist?

If Your Child Wanted to Enlist, Would You ...

• Encourage the idea

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • Discourage the idea

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • Tell them it's up to them

Votes: 61 36.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
I suppose it's possible that I could be wrong but, I use lots of sources. If you have a recommendation to offer, I'd be glad to check it out.

Now, my most recent info on what's really going on in Iraq was this morning from my son who is actually in Iraq.
I guess he could have lied but he has no affiliation with any news netwerk so he wouldn't qualify as a "newspuke".

As I said in a previous post soldiers on the ground, news sources and we at home do not see the whole picture and probably never will.

MikeFerrara:
No. there was more to it. The problem was that the government (the IRS, I think) had the power to take property where there were drugs or drug transactions without TRIAL!

My lawyer told me of a case where a lady called the police because there were kids swapping drugs and money in her yard and they took her house.

Well I didn't work for the IRS. I did work in narcotics interdiction. The IRS has nothing to do with narcotics interdiction - they just got those that didn't pay taxes.

I think there may be more to the above story about the lady than your lawyer told you.

Property can be seized at the time of arrest, but the seizure isn't permanent until a judge says so.

Any federal (and most state and local) law enforcement agencies can seize property pursuant to a narcotics violation.

-s

catherine96821:
17 and 15.

so far, not really. Except hang up their own damn towels....unless they end up in therapy, of course.

You have lots of time yet. I wish you well. If I could get my son home, I'd let him throw his towels anyplace he pleases.
Well, I get daily first hand up dates too and they don't square with the reports.

I agree. I think it's worse than what the news netwerks tell us.
In fact, it is almost like the enemy has the microphone. Al Jezeera is giving us a better shake. A lot of us flag wavers are getting our news there these days. I can't wait to turn it over to all the smart people that have all the answers.

Goodness, I don't have any answers.

Speaking of sons and daughters, :wink: , does anybody have the scoop on this Dragon Skin controversey? The lady I gave the duck to has a brother that is a three star Army General (Gen Brown, Dateline?) and she was going on and on about it, but I am confused. JB says they wish they had it. It's lighter? 115 F there today. He wants me to look for a battery operated fan for the Hum V, they have no place to plug anything in.

Gilless:
Well I didn't work for the IRS. I did work in narcotics interdiction. The IRS has nothing to do with narcotics interdiction - they just got those that didn't pay taxes.

I think there may be more to the above story about the lady than your lawyer told you.

Property can be seized at the time of arrest, but the seizure isn't permanent until a judge says so.

Any federal (and most state and local) law enforcement agencies can seize property pursuant to a narcotics violation.

-s

As I recall the laws were changed some years back to put a stop to some of what was going on.

MikeFerrara:
As I recall the laws were changed some years back to put a stop to some of what was going on.

I don't recall any changes to the laws or cfr's on the law enforcement side - just policy changes. I would be clueless to changes to IRS laws or codes. I'm sure H2Andy can pop in here with some info.

I'm off to see some pirates

Cheers

-s

catherine96821:
Speaking of sons and daughters, :wink: , does anybody have the scoop on this Dragon Skin controversey? The lady I gave the duck to has a brother that is a three star Army General (Gen Brown, Dateline?) and she was going on and on about it, but I am confused. JB says they wish they had it. It's lighter? 115 F there today. He wants me to look for a battery operated fan for the Hum V, they have no place to plug anything in.

I don't know what "dragon skin" is is but my son told me that it was pushing 120 today where he is and those LAV's don't have AC. LOL

So whats the problem if they seize a boat load of coke and take the boat and sell it?

I say too bad...

yea, Mike, you and I need to look for some fans they can put in those vehicles.

A solar powered one would be really great. Those poor guys in the gun turets get baked....JB says the AC take the temp from 120 to about 100. The Hum V's don't have cigarette lighters or any plug ins. Summer is stretching out ahead, we should try and find cooling neck packs and that sort of thing.

MikeFerrara:
Goodness, I don't have any answers.

And dammit.... For all of the sound and the fury that we raise, none of us do, and I just shake my head sometimes when I look at what a damn scary place the world has become, the direction our society and our manufacturing power as a nation seems to be heading, and a lot of the weird things that our government is doing, the deep polarization that keeps our whole nation ripped in half and squabbling when we should be about the business of building bridges and reasoning together...

I just get tears of frustration in my eyes, and there's nowhere to vent it. There's no party, no senator, no congressman, no state representative that represents me or my views, and common sense seems to have caught a plane for some remote island and doesn't look to be coming back anytime soon... I'm just sick, sick at heart, sick to death of all the fighting and arguing and division and strife, and there are no answers. Anywhere. No one has the answers. Everyone's got plenty of great ideas... But there are no answers, and I don't think any are ever going to come.

*long sad sigh...* :shakehead

cdiver2:
As I said in a previous post soldiers on the ground, news sources and we at home do not see the whole picture and probably never will.

I agree. The "facts" will be coming out for the next 100 years and we won't know for certain until Hollywood gives it all to us. LOL

Back
Top Bottom