Would you Encourage or Discourage your Child to Enlist?

If Your Child Wanted to Enlist, Would You ...

• Encourage the idea

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • Discourage the idea

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • Tell them it's up to them

Votes: 61 36.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was returning the politeness that you showed so many here. I don't want this thread destroyed by pettiness so if you have more to ask or questions, do it in a pm.

nereas:
I am thinking now that perhaps you were not a real officer. I recall COBs and SGMs asking for my advice or point of view on certain staff issues. Quite the opposite of your experience with these very senior professional NCOs.

Well I don't know what you were doing. I was serving as a Marine officer from 1968-1972. We respected our senior enlisted and treated them with great respect. Here is a link to the infantry company I served with in Vietnam

www.kilo37.com/

I don't know why anyone was asking for your view if you were, as you stated, "looking the other way". Did you really serve, where and when?

mdb:
Well I don't know what you were doing. I was serving as a Marine officer from 1968-1972. We respected our senior enlisted and treated them with great respect. Here is a link to the infantry company I served with in Vietnam

www.kilo37.com/

I don't know why anyone was asking for your view if you were, as you stated, "looking the other way". Did you really serve, where and when?

mdb if you enjoyed your butt spankings from senior NCOs so much then either you liked OCS too much and never grew up to become a real officer, or else some aspect of the program did not work. I do not doubt you wore the uniform, therefore you do not need to prove the obvious. I may question your mental state, but that is a different matter.

nereas:
mdb if you enjoyed your butt spankings from senior NCOs so much then either you liked OCS too much and never grew up to become a real officer, or else some aspect of the program did not work. I do not doubt you wore the uniform, therefore you do not need to prove the obvious. I may question your mental state, but that is a different matter.

Poor poor lad, "butt spankings" is that whats on your mind? It now becomes clear.

nereas:
Old Man, I hope you did not let them abuse you too much. It would be a shame if that occurred after your bars had turned to silver as well. And judging from your post I cannot tell.

Ah, yes I'm sure you know way more than me. You still have not answered any actual question where did you serve and when? I don't doubt you had your share of some spankings, I do doubt you were ever a commissioned officer or ever served in a real combat position. No one who has done so would post the nonsense that you have posted.

nereas:
... as you seem to have forgotten d-i-l-l-i-g-a-s.

So, do I look like it?

No you don't look like it. You act like it. We all know it. It's sad. :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom