Would you buy from this company (Salvo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But Salvo got you all talking about them. Who was it that said: "I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."

yeah its that old mantra: "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

Thalassamania:
But Salvo got you all talking about them. Who was it that said: "I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."

It's been my experience the owner of Salvo really isn't really isn't into that kind of publicity.

Recieved an email from the owner at 8:02am. Image has been removed.

That page would go well for those Snicker commercials where somebody does something dumb and then they say--looks like someone missed snack time. Glad the pic it gone. It was in poor taste. I have heard great things about thier products.

:( I missed it :( So sad :( How come I am always sleeping through the cool stuff :(

u4ia:
Truth be told, I was shocked to see this on their site.

I agree that Salvo makes really solid products, but personally I find this sort of "advertising" offensive. In my opinion its a real misstep on their part, they have great stuff, great customer service, so why lower themselves to this level? and yeah yeah yeah the human body is a beautiful thing and I aint no prude, but anyone with half a brain could see how repugnant this would be to many people.

...if they really want to go down this path, then they should post an "equally obviously enhanced" male verson for the rest of the population.
I agree, to be tasteful, they should have used a model that was at least 20 years younger.:rofl3:

Wow 11 months in prison sure does make some people do stupid stuff:no

Gee is there going to be video next?

Carribeandiver:
Been in their shop, purchased products from them and found them to be courteous, professional and very helpful. And yes, I would buy from them again.

and you are.... male?

One thing that comes to my mind seeing these kinds of things on sites of shops I want to buy stuff from is... gee, I wanna make sure I buy online vs the shop because I ain't so sure I be treated too equal in the shop. Or will my "female name" on the order give me same service or am more in risk getting "the stupid talk" because of it. After all, this does happen in many male-dominated sports (I was not born yesterday to sports world).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom