Would you buy from this company (Salvo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey stay on topic Andy GEEZZZZ:D

well, i guess guys get a "You are in the WOmen's Views Forum" warning, very stern and gray, at the top of the page

lest we stray, it will show us the way. hey, maybe we could get it personalized??

for the real bad members, it could say "One More WOrd Out of You, Misogynistic Pig, and You're History"

i would like mine to say, "H2Andy, chicks dig you, baby!"[1]

[1] for any chick who may be tempted to respond to this, please don't destroy one of my last remaining self-delusions

I had a very nice discussion with the owner on Saturday about this when I was at the shop. The very nice female diver I was with also joined in the conversation. After speaking to the owner, I feel it was a poor decision, nothing more. I left with $40 of gear, she left with over $100 of gear.

Clearly, some will no longer purchase Salvo dive gear. Some will continue to support the business. Businesses make friends and enemies every day based on their decisions. No amount of rhetoric or explaining will change that. I opened the door for the owner to come here and make a comment, and he politely declined. So there it is. He has done so in the past and it worked out very poorly for him, so I don't blame him.

PerroneFord:
Clearly, some will no longer purchase Salvo dive gear.

i certainly hope not. their response was just about instant, and i am sure they won't do something like this again.

i would encourage everyone to reward businesses who listen to this type of concern with continued business

Andy, I hope so as well, but as this thread proves, people make decisions for phlisophical or emotional reasons. And clearly some here feel "injured" by what Salvo did. It is what it is.

I'm glad to hear that it was nothing more than a poor decision
While I did say I would be disappointed and less inclined to purchase a product from a company that had a cheesy ad like that, they did take it down quickly, so I'm not going to worry about it ... and I will not hold it against them

You know, the world is full of experiences, and some of them are positive and some are negative. The world is full of retail businesses, and some of them have good products and some do not, and some have good customer service and some do not.

I'm a woman who has spent most of her life in a man's world -- majoring in mathematics, which is male-dominated, and going to medical school, and then training in general surgery, which is still male-dominated. If I had a chip on my shoulder about being female, I'd never have gotten where I am. And something like the Salvo ad merits nothing more than a head shake and rolled eyes.

It's not world peace. It's a silly ad, and Salvo pulled it.

Can we move on to something important, like whether the light cord goes over or under the long hose?

TSandM:
like whether the light cord goes over or under the long hose?
I put it under the long hose...:D

piikki:
Why would "we" owe it? (At least in a sense you are presenting here)
Becasue he did what you declined to - talked to the shop owners. Instead you have chosen the path to openly bash the firm. And you would have all the rights to do so if you would talk to the owners, expressed your feelings and they would refuse to take any action.
Perrone did what you as offended person should have done. And for this I think you owe him a simple "thanks". Also because you are OP of this thread. Not u4ia.
As somebody wrote - Salvo did stupid thing, but reacted almost immediately. This shows ability to listen to customers which is a good thing not bad.
Mania

I´m going to post my take on this(and I have no misconception that this will change anything):
-The OP saw an ad and "reacted", then went on SB to ask for others oppinion...
-I don´t see how you can see the question as "bashing".
-If the standard for "relevant posts" on SB is how it compares to world hunger, the poor, child labour etc, well I think it would be a very emty forum...
-I fail to see how the OP ows Salvo anything.
-You are entitled to feel any way you like about the original pic, salvos response and different posters feelings about them but there is clearly no "objective" right here...

There are a bunch of brands making good lights, if you find anything about one of them "offensive", there are plenty of alternatives out there just choose the one who´s "complete offering" suit your needs best...

I think I should be slightly offended by the "northern european slags" but I just can´t be bothered...

Back
Top Bottom