Would like to become an "official" swamp diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I will look for you guys on Sunday. I am driving out Sunday morning with my 19 year old son who will be doing his OW cert dives. My other two teenage boys (also divers) may come along.

Sounds good Bill...

Our plan is 2 night dives tonight, several on sat, 2 night dives sat night, and whatever we can get in on Sunday before we head back. If anything changes for you this weekend, and you can make it by gate closing on sat, the night dives are alot of fun.

As far as I'm concerned, every dive in Texas that is deeper than 40' is a night dive. :)

I did one dive Friday at the plane area of CSSP and the rocks.......could see while on the roof area about 1/2 way down the roof. Mowed today and have a few more chores, not sure now about Sunday at Cssp. hmmm ZZzzzz

So, any status update? Did you achieve your life's goal of becoming a Swamper?

I looked for him today BUT it was really crowded......we must have been swimming in the water at least once together and did not enen know it--lol!!

It was really crowded! We got out to CSSP around 9AM and ran into Chris1999. He pointed out what he thought was Zosimus's tent and red truck but they were apparently still sleeping. Chris and I went for a nice dive but found out that our u/w nav skills need work. It's especially challenging when the vis is so bad in places that you can barely see your compass in front of your mask. As we were returning from the first dive we saw what we think was Zosimus driving away. When my son Brandon was done with his final OW cert dive the three of us went for another dive - that was fun, and we even found a few spots with a little vis.

It was really crowded! We got out to CSSP around 9AM and ran into Chris1999. He pointed out what he thought was Zosimus's tent and red truck but they were apparently still sleeping. Chris and I went for a nice dive but found out that our u/w nav skills need work. It's especially challenging when the vis is so bad in places that you can barely see your compass in front of your mask. As we were returning from the first dive we saw what we think was Zosimus driving away. When my son Brandon was done with his final OW cert dive the three of us went for another dive - that was fun, and we even found a few spots with a little vis.

Sorrry I missed you--sorry........I did 2 -46min. dives with a 'swimming' 17 minute SI in between,,,,,my compasses fault--HAHA.

a word of advice: I would be careful putting what type of car you drive on a public forum, at least if you might keep valuables inside while you are away diving (including GPS devices which may show your residence). Save that information for private messages.
(i've taken many vehicle burglary reports in my line of work...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom