Would a Remote Exhaust Elbow help control buoyancy when using an octo-inflator in OOA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A long hose is pretty much the opposite of a nuisance. It enables a much greater range of head motion and sits much closer and flatter to the body underwater than any regular length hose.

But, hey, why listen to people who have tried it or even try it yourself when you can just claim it's a nuisance and forget about it.

Yes, I perfectly understand the reasoning of the pro-long-hose arguments. But it had already appeared to me that the nuisance and the risks that come with such a long hose might outweigh the benefits it might ever be able to provide simply because of the low probability of an occurrence of OOA vs 100% probability of the occurrence of nuisance of a long hose. Adding to this equation the argument that the long hose could actually be a disadvantage in an OOA situation as well was what just ultimately tipped my scales.

Nuisance? I recently had to use some rental regs on standard hoses, and hated it. Bloody octo and host kept getting in the way, stupid bulky console was getting in the way, and the standard host coulnd't be neatly tucked away. I longed for my long-hose setup.

Think it is kind of a non issue, in an ooa situation you should be more worried about getting to the surface than buoyancy control. I can only see the issue of buoyancy at 15 ft being an issue

Am I the only one to see 'kinda' an intrinsic link between the ability to control [maintain] buoyancy and making a successful ascent?

AIR2: "I seek simplicity, and am prepared to endure any amount of complication to attain that". wtf?! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom