Worthington XS80 cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepperbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found 2 AL80 tanks for sale on Craigslist. I have been wanting another tank- I only had one.
I think these are Worthington XS 80s from the markings. Born on date seems to be 2013. They are in almost new condition.
They both need a visual inspection. I got them cheap enough that adding the inspection fee doesn't matter.

My main question is- do these Worthington cylinders have the same buoyancy characteristics as my Catalina AL80? If so I won't need to adjust my weights.

That website doesn't list Worthington cylinders, but I found the info on the dive shop website that originally sold them. They seem to be the same as my Catalina.

Both tanks have XS 230bar stamped on the valves. I think that means they are the thermo yoke/din valves, but I'm not sure what markings to look for.

Just a numbers comparison shows very little difference. I don't think you'll notice much of a difference between the two. That said, I've always preferred Luxfer over Catalina and PST over Faber when comparing apples to apples but the true differences are slight.

I was looking for AL80s so I can keep my weighting the same.

These are in new condition and I only gave $75.00 for them. They are full but will need a visual inspection before being filled again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom