Worthington X8 vs X7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubberduck

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Besides the diameter size what is the differance between the X7-120 and X8-119? The X8 weighs more (more steel to make?) but is usually $50 cheaper.

X8 is 4 inches shorter than X7
If your short you may want the X8, but the larger diameter tanks are less stream lined.

fppf:
the larger diameter tanks are less stream lined.
...are you actually worried about the streamlining from a tank that's 0.75" wider? :confused:

Here are the specs straight from XS Scuba.

Yeah, I'm 6'1" so I will take the 4" of length rather than the 3/4" diameter.
Just don't care for the 8" tanks.

I find that the 8" tanks are easier to deal with than the incredibly long 120s. They're too tall and topple over easily. I've seen them fall out of tank racks, even.

The HP119, on the other hand, is the same height as HP100s, so all my tanks are the same height. Helps considerably when packing the car, too, with various tank sizes, as you don't end up with odd tanks sticking out a lot higher than the others.

You have to be really tall to trim out well in the 120, also. I am tall enough to pull it off, actually (6'3"), but occasionally I loan my tanks to others, and I'd rather have something that's a little more universally compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom