Worthington Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know anything about this brand? I have Faber now, but it seems like nobody my LDS deals with carries Faber anymore, they are all switching to Wothington, which I have never heard of. My main question is does anyone know if they have the +10% overfill? Thanks in advance.

If it's a LP steel, it will come with a + rating. To make sure look on the neck and there should be a + on it, next to the pressure rating.

Supposed to be the "the world's largest and oldest supplier of industrial steel tanks".

Can't be all bad...? Prices are pretty decent right now too. And you can get free shipping if you know where to go.

Worthington Industries.
I recently did some research on the company for a Service Marketing course i am taking at a University here. Worthington not only treats their customers amazing but is known for having very good product quality. I could go on and on about the companies inner operations. 15 years ago the company didn't have any job titles for any of their employees, as of that time, a full time employee had never been laid off, you start as a temporary and are then voted in as a full time employee. I don't know a whole lot about the tanks specificly, but the company is outstanding.

Are we talking "Wellington" or "Worthington"? I was referring to "Worthington".

That was my mistake. I will correct the heading on this thread. It should be Worthington. My bad.

Pardon me, I typed wellington when i meant worthington. Both companies are steel fabricators but worthington is lightyears ahead of their competition.

Interestingly enough, most of us already own a cylinder from this company, even if it isn't for diving. I looked around the house, the tanks on my oxy acetelene tanks are by them, along with the argon tank on my MIG welder, the propane tank on my BBQ and maybe even the condenser on my AC.

Back
Top Bottom