Worthington HP 100 - best deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
I sure hope not. It's usually illegal to ship a pressurized tank, although there are exceptions. Tanks are usually shipped with the valve off entirely, and a VIP sticker you put on yourself when it arrives.

Dive Rite Express ships cylinders with the valve completely installed and a very small (like maybe 10-20 psi) amount of air to prevent anything getting into the tank. I've purchased 3 tanks from them and they all came that way. Whether or not that is officially "illegal" I have no idea. But that is what they do.

Scuba Toys ships theirs empty and with the valve loosely installed ... not tightened down. I had to tighten the valves down before taking them to be filled.

Just sharing my small amount of experience.

I just received two of the Blue Steel 100's from Divers Direct for $249 each (free shipping) for a total of $498. They are last year manufactured and have some air in them (I didn't check with a gage) and a VIP sticker for April of this year. They come with a boot and a valve that can be used for yoke or din.

I just received an "out of stock" notice for my Blue Steel FX100 order. Darn.

Matt S.:
I just received an "out of stock" notice for my Blue Steel FX100 order. Darn.

I talked to them on the phone earlier today. They ran out but have more on order that should be here next week. Apparantly the sale was more successful than they anticipated.

Good news, thanks.

The wait's going to kill me, I need more bt.

The sale is still on with a 15% additional discount (coupon code SB10). $13 shipping. I ordered 2 and they came with valves installed and alittle air with vip sticker. So $428 for 2 + $13 shipping. Got here in 2 days.

Don Wray:
The sale is still on with a 15% additional discount (coupon code SB10). $13 shipping. I ordered 2 and they came with valves installed and alittle air with vip sticker. So $428 for 2 + $13 shipping. Got here in 2 days.

Which is stil on?

The Worthington HP100 or the Faber FX-100 from Divers Direct?

I assume that you mean the Divers Direct deal based on your price.

So where did the coupon code SB10 come from for 15% off?

BTW.. thanks for sharing..... that's definately a goo deal.

Does anyone have a link, I went to divers direct and it showed the faber for 349

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom