Worthington HP 100 - best deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
That's the ones I was talking about. I think they've got free shipping on anything over $100 and I didn't see any terms that didn't disqualify for tanks on it. No sales tax on orders from them also (out of state).

Compare that to a Worthington HP-100 at $345+$30shipping + $31tax(local)=$406
or $812 for two of them. The Blue Steels represent a savings of $300 bucks.
I couldn't find a note about free shipping. The checkout process indicated that shipping would be $14 which isn't bad. (The FX100 from TDL is $25 shipping.)

Matt S.:
I couldn't find a note about free shipping. The checkout process indicated that shipping would be $14 which isn't bad. (The FX100 from TDL is $25 shipping.)

It's on Divers Direct main page.

banner_freeShipping_04_2007.jpg

Notice the * beside it. I couldn't find the fine print for the *. It might say "no tanks" for example.

i ordered from them for this sale and free shipping DOES include tanks. the shipping end tommorow on the 13th.

also the tanks are assembled with a squirt of air in them and a VIP sticker in place. so it is $249 out the door and ready to dive (with a little more air in them).

Russ

mike_s:
It's on Divers Direct main page.

banner_freeShipping_04_2007.jpg

Notice the * beside it. I couldn't find the fine print for the *. It might say "no tanks" for example.
Ummm.... there are two asterisks in that picture. One is the offer (big) one is the fine print (small, at the bottom).

:D

barrmust:
i ordered from them for this sale and free shipping DOES include tanks. the shipping end tommorow on the 13th.

also the tanks are assembled with a squirt of air in them and a VIP sticker in place. so it is $249 out the door and ready to dive (with a little more air in them).

Russ
I sure hope not. It's usually illegal to ship a pressurized tank, although there are exceptions. Tanks are usually shipped with the valve off entirely, and a VIP sticker you put on yourself when it arrives.

Jimmer:
Just for the record, I have 2 10 year old triple sprayed Fabers, and they just got hydro'd and vis'd last month. They're spotless. I'm sure the hot dip tanks are better for corrosion resistance, but the triple spray is good if you take care of your gear.

True....But, just less hassle. You know, there are already too many things to take care of. :wink:

I agree that DD deal is hard to miss, but I am passing it.. Sigh.....~~~~

Oops! Just my 2 cents....

I'm about to order one, I think. I could save $50-60 by goofing around on Craigslist... more if I got lucky... but the hassle is considerable and you're still dealing with used stuff.

Sure... It is your choice and I respect it....

I just expressed my choice... :wink:

Have you called Dolphin? They really do have good prices, and probably have at least 6 of the X-7 100's in stock, maybe more in the back room. Dolphin ships internationally too. They are also a real LDS. The nicest one that I regularly visit. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them, including an HP 100.
Signed,
Just a happy customer :)

CompuDude:
Ummm.... there are two asterisks in that picture. One is the offer (big) one is the fine print (small, at the bottom).

:D

Ok... you got me there.. :)

I was looking at the bottom of the actual web page for the "big disclaimer section of fine print". (sometime you don't see all the trees when you're looking at the whole forrest....)

Back
Top Bottom