Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoodOmens

Registered
Reaction score
My ld is offering this package for chirstmas:

Apeks ATx50 reg
Apeks AT20 octo
SeaQuest Balance BC w/ Surelock
Suunto Vyper Computer

all for 1430 ... its really tempting ... is that a good price?

Gosh that would be a very nice Xmas present!

I have the Balance and like it. It barely holds enough weight when I dive cold in a 7mm. It packs really small and weight isn't a travel issue. I like back inflate. This is really close to a BP/W with easy in and out. I went with a Legend/Legend Octo and a Aeris Atmos 2 and also found those very nice. The total price was a a bit below what you are talking but the Legend is not adjustable like the ATX50.

Good luck in your decision.

Which LDS? I'm in the area and haven't seen that special.

You could save some online but not a whole lot. Seems like a decent deal for those products. You didn't say if the Vyper was the wrist or console version, wrist version is usually cheaper than the console.

Its a console ... and you lose your waranty doing it online with aqualung :-(

You could do better but I wouldn't say you're totally getting reamed, assuming of course you get a good warranty and at least a few years of free service on the reg.

Entirely decent equipment, though I'd prefer to put the Vyper in a wrist mount, which you might want to do later anyway. You can get a slick low-profile wrist mount unit from DSS at http://www.deepseasupply.com/page19.html

GoodOmens:
Its a console ... and you lose your waranty doing it online with aqualung :-(
I didn't say anything about keeping the warranty. I said that you wouldn't be getting reamed compared to online. Seems like a decent price. If I were in the market for those goods, I'd buy it.

Back
Top Bottom